Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Looking for smaller footprint amps

Old 06-27-2019, 02:47 PM
daverulz
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

OK - so if you get a 5 channel, you'll bridge down to 2 channels for the fronts, and use the sub channel for the rear locations (those are the eu700's right?)

You're getting a lot of power out of those arcs. I'm afraid running the fronts passive on way less power is going to be disappointing
Old 06-27-2019, 03:04 PM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by daverulz View Post
OK - so if you get a 5 channel, you'll bridge down to 2 channels for the fronts, and use the sub channel for the rear locations (those are the eu700's right?)

You're getting a lot of power out of those arcs. I'm afraid running the fronts passive on way less power is going to be disappointing
I know.. I have been thinking about that too.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:06 PM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

drove the car yesterday and I think I fixed all my rattles.. As for Amps, looking at a couple sites, there are people that still have their amps for sale.. and I am looking at $200-230 each for these..

Still trying to figure out where to put new amps.. I think the dual 5 channel amps could work, however I am not in a position for the amps and DSP all in one shot.. Need to look a bit more
Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 AM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

Here is where I am currently with this:
This year, I switched the tweeters and 4s along with the passive crossovers. I have a DRT24 and ES-02 in the front using the mx1000 crossover. , I am thinking I could probably ditch the DRT24 and use the ES-02 by itself with the 6.5",

my concern is the 6.5" in door and 2" in the stock location only, however, the tweeter could be left there if I decide to add them back in.

I still have the other tweeters and 4s. I could swap in the 4s if I decide to stay 3-way. I think the ES-02 is a nice sounding speaker and if I am going to a DSP, ditching the DRTs for the ES-02 Wideband tweeters might be a better move.

Going by the above. I could do the PN4.520 and the PN1.650. then add the PN2.350 if needed later

The two PN5.640 would be good too.. offers a lot of flexibility..

however, I would need to install them first, sell the KS300.4 then buy the DSP.. due it a limited budget for car stuff

OR buy the DSP, use my current amps and go to a 2 way in front. Simpler might be better

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 07-05-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for smaller footprint amps

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: