Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Flash/Thumb Drive question

Old 06-28-2019, 06:50 PM
Dave in Pa
CF Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Flash/Thumb Drive question

I have read a lot on this forum about C5 OEM radio vs whatever. ALL my music is on flash/thumb drives, not a phone, not an apple product etc. My two other cars have ports & play my music. My 01 Vert has OEM with single CD player only (stock) Any simple option for adding something I can plug my flash drives into or not. Thanks, Dave
Old 06-29-2019, 10:45 AM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

Received 632 Likes on 500 Posts

I have a 2011 GS that did not come with a USB port either ... so, I was never was able to listen to music on a thumb drive.

I did some checking and was unable to find anything I could buy separately that would allow the use of a USB.

I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2-DIN Kenwood head unit that came with 2 USB ports .... The one I purchased even has built-in Garmin navigation ... problem solved !

Old 06-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Dave in Pa
CF Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
I have a 2011 GS that did not come with a USB port either ... so, I was never was able to listen to music on a thumb drive.

I did some checking and was unable to find anything I could buy separately that would allow the use of a USB.

I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2-DIN Kenwood head unit that came with 2 USB ports .... The one I purchased even has built-in Garmin navigation ... problem solved !

Very nice! I would do the same thing if I did not have to go through the whole "change the bezel thing" since the OEM slot is not big enough for a Double Din. So I will just wait and see how satisfied I am with the way it is. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flash/Thumb Drive question

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: