Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Flash/Thumb Drive question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 06:50 PM
Dave in Pa
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Flash/Thumb Drive question

I have read a lot on this forum about C5 OEM radio vs whatever. ALL my music is on flash/thumb drives, not a phone, not an apple product etc. My two other cars have ports & play my music. My 01 Vert has OEM with single CD player only (stock) Any simple option for adding something I can plug my flash drives into or not. Thanks, Dave
Old 06-29-2019, 10:45 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I have a 2011 GS that did not come with a USB port either ... so, I was never was able to listen to music on a thumb drive.

I did some checking and was unable to find anything I could buy separately that would allow the use of a USB.

I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2-DIN Kenwood head unit that came with 2 USB ports .... The one I purchased even has built-in Garmin navigation ... problem solved !

Attachment 48332144
Old 06-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Dave in Pa
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I have a 2011 GS that did not come with a USB port either ... so, I was never was able to listen to music on a thumb drive.

I did some checking and was unable to find anything I could buy separately that would allow the use of a USB.

I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2-DIN Kenwood head unit that came with 2 USB ports .... The one I purchased even has built-in Garmin navigation ... problem solved !

Very nice! I would do the same thing if I did not have to go through the whole "change the bezel thing" since the OEM slot is not big enough for a Double Din. So I will just wait and see how satisfied I am with the way it is. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Flash/Thumb Drive question

Quick Reply: Flash/Thumb Drive question