Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

'99 FRC with CD Player Probs..Advice needed...!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Jack Behrle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '99 FRC with CD Player Probs..Advice needed...!

My CD Play (stock Delco in dash) will refuse to play CD's after perhaps an hour or so of use. Next day, it is fine again until it gets hot (a guess) and starts skipping at slightest throttle or brake application.
Went to local installer who recommended either having Delco service it or replace with an ALPINE head unit since the stock Bose system is fine for my old ears.
My concern is the Alpine is essentially a DIN size while the Delco stock unit is perhaps DIN and a half. The installer said they use some kind of trim plate to absorb the extra space but I was wondering if the Forum can make some recommendations as to what my choices are. I don't want to lose the Delco unit if it requires an aftermarket unit that looks like crap!
All suggestions are welcome (Pics would be even better!)
Jack
Old 12-06-2003, 02:02 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: '99 FRC with CD Player Probs..Advice needed...! (Jack Behrle)

I have a 99 Vettewith the factory CD player installed at the factory.I was having problems with the unit skipping.My friend who is a Stereo Freak cleaned the player and then he tightened down all the conections,which he found quite a few loose.I am thinking you may have a loose wire somewhere causing the player to shut down.Just a guess. :chevy :chevy :flag :chevy :chevy

Quick Reply: '99 FRC with CD Player Probs..Advice needed...!