Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

helop identify this radar detector?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 09:25 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,034 Likes on 546 Posts

Default helop identify this radar detector?

MY 'vette came with this radar detector installed. It has a remote sensor in the front bumper and one in the license frame. The LED indicators are mounted in the dash-- check the pictures out.
Here is the front mounted sensor:

HEre is the rear mounted sensor in the license plate frame:

Here is the power LED and one of the indicators (the right indicator is supposed to light up when there is something detected up front):

Here is the other indicator:

Anyone recognize it? I can't seem to see and indicators as to who makes this.
Also, when I turn it on, it just keeps beeping about once every 5 seconds-- VERY annoyone.

There is also a Clear plastic LED in the center console (where the F45 selector switch is on cars that have it). I think that is also a power LED.

Any Help?
IS this thing any good?

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
EatRice
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: helop identify this radar detector? (JMG2)

If I am correct that is a K40 undetectable. The chirps you speak of....are they high pitched and two tones? From the looks of your picture there is another sensor in the rear of the car. Usually the light/buzzer on the left indicates front radar. The light/buzzer on the right is rear radar. There should be a control box somewhere also. It will have a **** on it the is three position. High/low/off.....it is usually mounted in and not so obvious spot. If you find that **** and can get to the back of it. Tell me the colors on it and I will tell you for sure if it is a K40. I might even be able to tell you the exact model. It might say on the control box itself. Now if it is a K40....it is a very expensinve radar detector and one of the best on the market. In the 2k neighborhood after installation. Also I believe the liscense plate frame is a "laser diffuser" also from K40. You should be able to look them up on the net. I have been installing,selling, and using K40 for years. Hope this helps.

Best thing to do is find that control **** it will be like a small radio **** with a black plastic box on the back side of it that is about 2"X1"X1".
Old 12-21-2003, 11:56 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: helop identify this radar detector? (EatRice)

I know exactly what you are talking about.
There is a round **** under the dash by my left foot.
It has three positions-- low, high, off. There is also a radio dial surrounding the button for volume control.
I'll take a look at the wires tomorrow. Glad I asked about this-- I was about to rip the #$% thing out.

So-- How can I stop the Chirps? When I turn it on, it goes through its normal start up sequence. But, after it's on, it beeps once every five or so seconds. So annoying that I really don't leave it on. Any ideas?

Also-- I noticed that in the center consol there is a clear plastic cover with what appears to be a LED under it. It lights up when I turn the unit on. What is this? (it's in the same sport roughly that the f45 dial would be-- I have base suspension).

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:22 AM
EatRice
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: helop identify this radar detector? (JMG2)

The light in the center counsel should be the high/low light. It will trun one color for high and another for low. Now if it is chirping that often I think it telling that there is something wrong. When you turn the system on it should go through a self diagnostic. It will flash one side LED then chirp the same side then do the other side. Does this happen? If that is happening which side is chirping after the start up? I should have some install manuels for the K40 in my shop. I will look tomorrow but I think that it is telling that there is a fault somewhere. That or it is broken and falsing.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:51 AM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: helop identify this radar detector? (EatRice)

yeah-- Id appreciate that. Any info on this would be great.
That is exactly what that button in the middle does-- two different colors for high/low.

BTW-- I looked at the button under the dash-- not a chance im going to be able to look at that without taking things half apart.

Any chance you could PDF me the owners manual?

Get notified of new replies

To helop identify this radar detector?

Quick Reply: helop identify this radar detector?