Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

Jim Beam corvette decanters for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

The first run of Jim Beam Corvettes was done by Regal China from 1984 - 1992. Regal China went out of business in 1992 and some of the rarest (some never filled) Jim Beam Corvettes came from the end of this era.

There are two schools of thought around "to drain or not to drain". Personally I drain all of mine. Over time these decanters can crack and seep. It's not only a mess, it devalues the decanter. A full decanter seems tantalizing in terms of value, but I don't think it adds anything.

Here is a link to my web site that shows a list of all the Regal China Jim Beam Corvettes, the years they were produced, and comments about Limited Edition and IAJBBSC editions: http://www.jetsvettes.com/collection...s_beamlist.htm
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,558 Likes on 2,161 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jetske
The first run of Jim Beam Corvettes was done by Regal China from 1984 - 1992. Regal China went out of business in 1992 and some of the rarest (some never filled) Jim Beam Corvettes came from the end of this era.

There are two schools of thought around "to drain or not to drain". Personally I drain all of mine. Over time these decanters can crack and seep. It's not only a mess, it devalues the decanter. A full decanter seems tantalizing in terms of value, but I don't think it adds anything.

Here is a link to my web site that shows a list of all the Regal China Jim Beam Corvettes, the years they were produced, and comments about Limited Edition and IAJBBSC editions: http://www.jetsvettes.com/collection...s_beamlist.htm
I have seen your websight when I was surfing and googling Jim Beam Corvette Decanters. Excellent. Very informational I have several of the decanters and think they are great looking. Most of mine still have the whiskey in them.

I know you don't have one listed but does a Jim Beam Decanter exist for a 1956 Corvette SR-2 race car? I had bid on one on E-Bay that someone else won in the last second. I have read somewhere that there were 500 made. Have you heard of them or know where I can find one? Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 AM
lostnfoundC4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great information. Mine are still sealed with the tax stamps in tact.
I guess I should start drinking!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
MorpheusGPR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got any photos? My dad has a 78 model if I recall correct.

How much would it run for just the corvettes? Are they still full unopened?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by capevettes
I know you don't have one listed but does a Jim Beam Decanter exist for a 1956 Corvette SR-2 race car? I had bid on one on E-Bay that someone else won in the last second. I have read somewhere that there were 500 made. Have you heard of them or know where I can find one? Thanks.
Thanks for the comments on the web site! And yes, I've seen the '56 SR-2 and some other "new generation" Jim Beam decanters including the new '67s and '70s. These are not Regal China bottles and I don't know the manufacturer (yet), nor have I updated my website to show them. I plan to do that.

There are several of all of these new bottles (including the SR-2) right now on fleabay so maybe go check that out. I'm sure I'll have to update my collection someday as these new bottles are cool.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Japicella
Great information. Mine are still sealed with the tax stamps in tact.
I guess I should start drinking!

If you do decide to empty one out, and by chance, consume the contents...drain the Beam into a clear jar or bottle first. Some of these older bottles start to break down over time (hence the seeping and cracking problem). Likely you will find nasty stuff floating in the bourbon and you won't want to drink it.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the comments on the web site! And yes, I've seen the '56 SR-2 and some other "new generation" Jim Beam decanters including the new '67s and '70s. These are not Regal China bottles and I don't know the manufacturer (yet), nor have I updated my website to show them. I plan to do that.

There are several of all of these new bottles (including the SR-2) right now on fleabay so maybe go check that out. I'm sure I'll have to update my collection someday as these new bottles are cool.
Thanks for your response but I can't seem to locate a 56 SR-2 currently on flea bay. Do you have a link?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by capevettes
Thanks for your response but I can't seem to locate a 56 SR-2 currently on flea bay. Do you have a link?
I do a generic search for "Corvette Decanter" and that's how I found them. Here's a link to one of them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/IAJBBSC-Blue-195...1%7C240%3A1318

Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I do a generic search for "Corvette Decanter" and that's how I found them.
Also...looks like "Jim Beam" is not mentioned in the title for many of these newer bottles, so if you're searching using those key words that's probably why you're not finding them...

Let us know if you get one!
Bruce
Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the link

It was my search method. I always used Jim Beam. Maybe I can find a blue or purple one. The red isn't bad though.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
dan pager
Intermediate

yes I have them ready to sell all
Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 PM
dan pager
Intermediate

[QUOTE=MorpheusGPR;1568828061]Got any photos? My dad has a 78 model if I recall correct.

How much would it run for just the corvettes? Are they still full unopened? Have not taken photos I have 78 pace car told that edition is rare. all are full and in boxes except mako shark by ezra brooks no box & empty great condition.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
MorpheusGPR
Burning Brakes

jetske,

Those displays on your site are very nice looking, any more photos of those? They look built into the wall, I would like to have something like that done to an interior wall of my place so I can put my corvette models and plates behind glass doors with lights above.

Have you seen any orange 1970 Jim Beam corvettes, I did not see it listed on your site but ran across one.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
lostnfoundC4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do decide to empty one out, and by chance, consume the contents...drain the Beam into a clear jar or bottle first. Some of these older bottles start to break down over time (hence the seeping and cracking problem). Likely you will find nasty stuff floating in the bourbon and you won't want to drink it.
Thanks-I was hoping that they would be worth more unopened. I'll try post some pictures of my collection one of these days.
Are the new ones the same scale?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
MorpheusGPR
Burning Brakes

You going to empty them out?

I am torn, I would not want the bottle to crack open.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
MorpheusGPR
Burning Brakes

The units never filled, labeled "Iajbbsc" were those made in the 1955 models? I did not see any listings for those on your site.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
dan pager
Intermediate

I thought I sent u replay anyway yes thay are available.

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Beam corvette decanters for sale

Old 02-06-2009, 11:33 AM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MorpheusGPR
jetske,

Those displays on your site are very nice looking, any more photos of those? They look built into the wall, I would like to have something like that done to an interior wall of my place so I can put my corvette models and plates behind glass doors with lights above.
Thanks MorpheusGPR. This display was part of my basement finishing project 5 years ago. I did the design and, with the exception of drywall, all of the work. These display doors are actually higher-end chrome trimmed shower doors purchased at Lowes. I did all the framing around the dimensions from those doors. The display case on the right is deeper than the other side, specifically, because I wanted space to display my Jim Beam decanters. Some pics:

Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Japicella
Are the new ones the same scale?
Good question. Does anyone have any of the new line of decanters? I don't have any yet.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MorpheusGPR
jetske,

Have you seen any orange 1970 Jim Beam corvettes, I did not see it listed on your site but ran across one.
I don't have any of the new Corvette decanters listed or displayed on my site (yet). I have seen the '70 orange one, probably on fleabea.

Quick Reply: Jim Beam corvette decanters for sale