Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

Looking for 63 Corvette 1:18

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 AM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Looking for 63 Corvette 1:18

About 2 years ago my parents house burned down while they were out of town. In that house fire my dad had a really cool corvette diecast collection of over 200 cars. This past weekend I was asking him if he missed any of those cars and which ones he liked the most (Birthday comming up in 3 weeks) and he started telling me about a 1:18 Ertl 1963 Corvette Coupe that was his favorite. It was a Cornwell Tools edition from 2002 (he thought) that was limited in production of 1500 or 2000. He said he would do almost anything to get it back.

I have done google searches and looked on ebay, but have not seen one, except for pictures in a private collection over seas maybe?

Does anyone know where I might have some luck locating one for my dad for his birthday? It would be a really cool gift for him!

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You might try contacting the winner of this auction:
http://www.gomotorbids.com/LotDetail...rolet-Corvette

Maybe you can get the winner to sell it to you.

(Since this auction is already closed, I hope the mods don't delete this - but PM me if they do).
Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
You might try contacting the winner of this auction:
http://www.gomotorbids.com/LotDetail...rolet-Corvette

Maybe you can get the winner to sell it to you.

(Since this auction is already closed, I hope the mods don't delete this - but PM me if they do).
That is the car I am looking for.....THANKS. I will see if that site will let me try and contact the winner.

Thanks!
BgBoost1
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BgBoost1
That is the car I am looking for.....THANKS. I will see if that site will let me try and contact the winner.

Thanks!
BgBoost1
...or click the "ask seller a question" and plead your case and ask for the winner's info...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Any luck with this?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

I plead my case with gomotorbids last week and have not gotten a response....yet. Since I am asking for a favor, i don't want to be too greedy.

Does anyone else know where I would be able to find this car?

Thanks for all the help!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just emailed a guy who might have one, I'll let you know if he still has it. I bought 6 of them from Cornwell when they first came out, but unfortunately I don't have any of them left.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:24 AM
BOB'S C6
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Did you try contacting cornwell Tools to see if they might still have any? There is a place on their website to contact them. I have one of these but it is not for sale
http://www.cornwelltools.com/
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 AM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I received a reply from my friend, and he sold the one he had, sorry. I'd say if Cornwell doesn't have anymore of them, keep an eye on Ebay. I know of two that were on there in the past couple of months.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

I contacted Cornwell Tools a few weeks ago via e-mail and a really nice guy called me back, talked about the car for a few minutes, and said he searched his stock and could not find any of them. I told him my situation and he took my phone number in case one came up somewhere.

I really appreciate everyone help on this, my dad has been in a funk ever since the house fire, and I know that this would chear him up....and I am determined to locate one. I keep searching ebay but nothing is comming up.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BgBoost1; 01-28-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:43 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

One other thing you might do is set up a search on E-bay - be sure to "Save this Search" - and if anything comes up that matches the description you entered, you'll get an E-mail notice. Be sure to include the Cornwell Tools and Ertl in your description. Or you could simply just enter a search for any 1/18-scale '63 Corvette under collectibles, toys and hobbies and take your chances. Even though the intial search will show you everything that's currently offered on Ebay, you can also go to "advanced search" and review completed listings as well just to see if anything that meets your search criteria has recently sold.

you never know...

Good luck witht the hunt. It sounds like a very worthy effort.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by last901
One other thing you might do is set up a search on E-bay - be sure to "Save this Search" - and if anything comes up that matches the description you entered, you'll get an E-mail notice.
WOW....I never knew that Ebay did that. I will do that right now. The thought of looking on ebay once a week for a limited item that might or might not show up was not exciting me....Thanks for the tip!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for 63 Corvette 1:18

Quick Reply: Looking for 63 Corvette 1:18