Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

C5R Diecast Value

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Fightin Irishman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5R Diecast Value

I was wondering what th value of some C5R diecasts would be. I seen 3for sale yesterday in 1/18th scale. One is the #3 car that Dale Earnhardt drove. Another is the #8 that Dale Jr crashed, and the last one is the #2 C5R. I just wanted to know what a fair price to pay would be for these three cars.

#3 Dale Earnhardt C5R
#2 C5R
#8 C5R

I appreciate any help.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 PM
SDLong329
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1:18 C5R was produced in raced, and non-raced form. I see the raced version on eBay for $80+/- on a regular basis. On the other hand, the non-raced at @ $160+/-.

I have the car that Jr. crashed ... not sure of value. I don't go by Beckett - as they are dealer's wish prices.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Fightin Irishman
Instructor

Thanks, the versions I seen are the raced version. Since I posted this thread I've seen some of the cars going for around $100.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 AM
SDLong329
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fightin Irishman
Thanks, the versions I seen are the raced version. Since I posted this thread I've seen some of the cars going for around $100.
ASKING price, or SELLING price? Any specfic website or auction site?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Fightin Irishman
Instructor

I mean't asking price. A forum member had one for sale on here right after I posted the original thread. The asking prices for the ones I seen for sale at a fleamarket are somethin like $100 for the one Jr drove, $125 for the one Dale Sr drove, and $75 for the number 2.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Do a history search on ebay for completed auctions for each car in question for current market prices and some older prices to compare with.

I remember at one time the #3 non race version fetched a price over $400 just after his passing. I bought mine some years later for $125 I think. The rear spoiler is loose but I figured it will be a simple fix if I ever decide to monkey with it. Since it is displayed in a case I don't see the point in messing with it.

The Dale Jr. car has been more expensive then I really think it deserves. I can only guess that most sellers are stil trying to recover most of their initial cost. IMHO the Action cars aren't all that great when compared next to the AutoArt.

There are so many of those cars out there now. Sure they are limited editions but there are so many different versions.

Race
Non race
gold
platinum
black chrome

and maybe more for all I know.

Get notified of new replies

To C5R Diecast Value

Quick Reply: C5R Diecast Value