Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:01 PM
vette252
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them?

I started collecting the model corvettes that you can find in a toy store until I discovered the Zora collection. I decided that since he had such an impact on the making of the corvette, that his collection would be more valuable to have. The problem I have encountered is that I can only find them on Ebay. Is there anywhere else I can order them from? Or have they stopped making them?

I have searched the internet looking for answers, hoping to find a record of the diecast collectibles, but nothing has come up. I really appreciate any information you can send me regarding these rare and hard to find diecast collectibles.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Illini Steve
Drifting

Default Re: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them? (vette252)

They were made nearly 10 years ago, so the only place to get them is the secondary market, i.e. ebay. Some seem to be very expensive, so assembling a complete set could be an expensive proposition.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:43 PM
vette252
4th Gear

Default Re: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them? (Illini Steve)

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I figured they had stopped making them since I couldnt find them anywhere. Which also explains why they're so expensive. Especially the ones with the least production amount. Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Leos 81
Burning Brakes

If you're looking for something that will be worth more, the Duntov diecast set might be the collection for you. I saw abunch of these in a local hobby shop about a year ago, and I really looked at them carefully and I just wasn't impressed considering the price of them. I really don't like that oddball scale either. I forget. I think they were 1:32nd scale or something strange like that. Like I said, if you're collecting for future value, these may be the way to go, but if you want quality, there are many more out there that are much better, Danbury Mint for example. Just my two cents.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:10 PM
vette252
4th Gear

Default Re: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them? (Leos 81)

Thanks Leo, I have never heard of Danbury Mint, I will be sure to check that out.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Well, as you probably already know by now, they were marketed by Action. The '84 and '85 are the two hardest to come by because they are the only C4 coupes. The last year made was '93 because it was a 40th anny event. There is a stand that can be had as well to display all the cars on.
Leo was right, they are 1/32nd scale. I think I have about 12 or so of them in the boxes somewhere in the house.
I have most recently seen them at KB outlet stores....and the occasional truck stop.
Good luck trying to get the entire collection at today's prices. :crazy:
Old 09-11-2003, 07:38 PM
kenrobb
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 85 Posts

Default Re: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them? (Goody)

Last summer I saw some on a back shelf at a KB toy store is a mall. If any are left in stores, they are mostly hid. Just have to look everywhere you go.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Leos 81
Burning Brakes

Thanks Leo, I have never heard of Danbury Mint, I will be sure to check that out.
Oh man vette252, you don't know what you're missing. Danbury Mint has been producing some respectable diecasts for many years. They are 1:24th scale just like Franklin Mint, but in the last year, Danbury has released a line of Corvettes that are absolutely phenominal. They don't have a diecast for every year of Corvette's 50 years, and they run about $115 each, but the detail is incredible, all the way to the opening gas door, pop up headlights, opening battery compartment behind the seats with a wired battery inside... you name it. I highly, highly recommend getting one and checking it out for yourself. The detail of the Danbury models make the Zora Vette collection look like Matchbox cars.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:16 PM
vette252
4th Gear

Default Re: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them? (Leos 81)

Thanks for all your responses. There are several KB Stores in my area that I will definately check out. As for the Danbury Mint collection, I went to their website & ordered a catalog. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Nickindy
Instructor

I have about 20 with duplicates. if you are interested in them, plz let me know. I purchased them about 4 months ago and they are just sitting in my closet. I was going to list them on ebay and forgot until I saw your post....
Old 09-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them? (Nickindy)

The Danburry mint cars are made of porcelain, just to let you know.

The Zora cars are pretty nice. You can get alot of them on eBay for around $10-15 bucks each. There are three or four rare ones that go for $200+.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:17 PM
joysworld
1st Gear

Default Zora Duntov

I have the complete Zora Duntov collection in. In there box. Anyone interested.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

The Danbury Mint cars that I have are all diecast metal and plastic.....not porcelain. I only have 1.24 Corvette's, about 30 of them. They are the best and most highly detailed. A bit pricey but worth it due to the high quality and the amount of detail. The Action Zora Corvette's are nice but aren't anywhere near the quality. I sold my whole collection of Zora's here on CF. Go back in past threads for more info and to locate other buyers.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 PM
nitemaher
Pro

Joysworld I sent you a pm on your set let me know .
Old 08-11-2013, 07:48 PM
rnicevette
1st Gear

I am looking for some of the Zora Aukus-Duntov corvette diecast. Anybody have some for sale or no where to buy some except ebay?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 PM
blueregal
1st Gear

I have a friend who has the complete Zora 40 year collection and may entertain offers for it if anybody here is looking for it. It's the complete collection original in every respect. Contact me through here and I will put you in contact with them. Not cheap but if you want a full nice collection let's talk.

Get notified of new replies

To Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them?

Quick Reply: Zora Arkus-Duntov Diecast.....Where can I find them?