Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

FS: Tire Pyrometer

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 05:57 PM
NHXracing
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pyrometer

After many years of track days and measuring each tire temperature manually, we knew there had to be a better way. Tire temps are crucial to get the power down. We developed a Tire Pyrometer using infrared tech to measure tire temps in realtime; all four tires, or just the rear for you drag racers. Price is $199. The 4200 model measures all four tires. The 2110 model measures just the rear, and has LED's that light up as the tire heat up.

See our website for more info.

NHXracing.com
Old 05-22-2017, 10:36 AM
sean.b
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

very cool. i was actually about to start assembling parts to do this on my own, but for $200 i'll save myself the time of figuring it out.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:03 PM
NHXracing
Heel & Toe

Good to hear. You'll be amazed how much you learn by seeing how the tires react to your every input.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

So this takes tire temp in one spot, and its the surface temp of the tire?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:44 AM
NHXracing
Heel & Toe

The 4200 model has four sensors, one for each tire. The 2110 model has two sensors, one for each rear tire (or front tires for a FWD). The sensors measure the average surface temp of each tire.

We have also developed models to measure multiple points on each tire. PM me or contact us on our webpage if that's what you are looking for.

With this pyrometer, you can see tire temps change as you hit corners and see how this changes taking corners at different speeds or different lines. It also allows the driver to see how tire pressure changes impact the heat at each corner. You'll also see temps temporarily jump up with wheelspin or lock up.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Very cool. Is there any way to integrate these into an AIM data system?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:48 AM
NHXracing
Heel & Toe

Great question. we are actually working on a full data acquisition system to integrate the tire pyrometer and other data inputs.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NHXracing
Great question. we are actually working on a full data acquisition system to integrate the tire pyrometer and other data inputs.

I think you would have a larger market if you could integrate your sensors into existing systems than if you create a new Data acquisition system. Here is a view from my AIM system... it would be great to have real time tire temperatures on the video for analysis, but it isn't very helpful if it is a new stand alone system.

Just my thoughts.
Charley

Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Dubstep Shep
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It would cool if you guys could set this up with multiple sensors on each wheel. That way you could see if you're running the correct amount of camber or not.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Pyrometer

Quick Reply: FS: Tire Pyrometer