Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

FS: M12 transmission built by RKT56

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:18 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default M12 transmission built by RKT56

Folks,

I'm selling the MN12 tranny out of my 2004 Z06. This trans was built and installed by Rick Kim of RKT56 in November of 2013. Trans was built from a low mileage (less than 15k) core that Rick had in stock. Car was HPDE'd in 2014 (maybe 14 days during the season). Started racing in 2015 but my motor blew in the beginning of the season and I had lots of nagging problems between then and now, so tranny probably had another 12-14 days of use since beginning of 2015 to now. Fluid is changed every 15 hours or so, and I have trans and diff coolers so never seen an over temp alarm. Shifts like butter and I've never ground a gear. RKT builds these trannys to the following specs:
  • Hot tanked case
  • Billet keys for 3-4
  • Billet keys for 5-6
  • Bronze fork pads for 1-6 and reverse
  • New Carbon blocking ring set
  • Steel 3-4 shifter fork
  • Hand fit sliders and hubs
  • Assembled to RKT specs
  • New shim set
  • New snap rings
Only reason I'm selling is because I'm installing an MM6 tranny as it's more suited to racing with my new motor that I don't rev to the Moon. RKT is building and installing this new trans on July 17 so my trans will be ready to ship after that date. I'll put it on a pallet and get a shipping quote to your destination. Will also drive a few hours in any direction from Albany, NY to deliver. Could also be picked up at various track locations that I'll be at during the season. Please let me know if I can answer any questions!

Price - $2000.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 06-24-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Quick Reply: FS: M12 transmission built by RKT56