Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C6 auto-xer's? Transporting wheels? etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:53 PM
C68888
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette C6 auto-xer's? Transporting wheels? etc.

I currently own a Honda S2000 and have been an auto-xer for the past few years. I'm very close to making a change and placing an order for a C6 so I apologize if I sound like newb here. Anyway, I've been running on Hoosiers and for me to haul the wheels/tires up to my events, I would have to pull the passengar seat out to fit 4 wheels, jack, etc in my S2000. That was the only way for me to work with besides having a friend drive up with me to every event or installing a trailer.

My question is, is it possible to fit 4 wheels inside a C6? Even if it meant pulling the seat out? Just wondering if anyone has tried it or your solution to transporting your extra set of wheels?

Also, what Hoosier tires sizes are recommended for auto-xing?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 02-06-2005, 12:59 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Most here use a small tire trailer. Doubt 4 will fit inside even with the seat removed.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:54 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the C5 I've gotten all four hoosiers in, but they are smaller diameter than the C6 and you can't see out the back and you can't see the right rearview mirror...not safe at all. Two go in the back, put the passenger seatback all the way forward and put one tire behind the seat and the 4th tire goes into the passenger seat. Your jack and other stuff goes in the passenger footwell.

BTW, I now use a trailer!!

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:47 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Doubt 4 will fit inside even with the seat removed.

What's wrong with a trailer?

Old 02-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

When I had a C4 I generally put two tires in the back and had two more in a small trailer that could only hold two... While two tires in the back is a bit dangerous (think what would have happened if I hit something) I think that stuffing tires into the passenger seat is getting really dangerous..... Aside from blocking your vision think about if you get hit in the side, you are going eat a wheel and tire. Get the trailer, the hitch is actually a benefit in low speed events, it helps you put down power in first gear...
Old 02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
928nomore
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default hitch

Does anyone know if the c-5 Hitch will fit on a C-6? I have searched the sites and cannot find a hitch for my C-6

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C6 auto-xer's? Transporting wheels? etc.

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 auto-xer's? Transporting wheels? etc.