Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVCC Pocono TrackDays and Firestone Wide Ovals

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM
rpuerzer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CVCC Pocono TrackDays and Firestone Wide Ovals

I just completed a 2 day track event at Pocono with the Cumberland Valley Corvette Club. Sally and Dave Walters run an excellent event that overcame rain, sleet, and snow. The Cumberland Valley track worker and other volunteers did an outstanding job under very adverse conditions.

I used the Firestone Wide Ovals for the first time and they performed great on the Z06
Old 04-24-2005, 07:56 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree the event is always good. Tough day for the corner works also. When I arrived there this morning it was snowing then hailing
I worked on the car for the last two days sraight and till 12:00 am last night only to find I didn't have the two huge blocks of wood I need to place my ramps on to. I was going to give up. I got up at 3:00 am then made some more of some other wood I had. I arrived late 8:30 and missed the drivers meeting but Dave said I could run. It was hailing and I was freezing hanging with some friends. I decided to split but it looked as the track was drying and the day might have gotten better. Dumbist thing I ever did and I all the way home. I haven't run this year but hope to Friday on the long cousre with the Ferrari Club. Hope it all worked out for those who stayed. I though summer was near till I arrived in Pocono Joel / Alan did you run?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
XGRANDSPORTX
Racer

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I agree the event is always good. Tough day for the corner works also. When I arrived there this morning it was snowing then hailing
I worked on the car for the last two days sraight and till 12:00 am last night only to find I didn't have the two huge blocks of wood I need to place my ramps on to. I was going to give up. I got up at 3:00 am then made some more of some other wood I had. I arrived late 8:30 and missed the drivers meeting but Dave said I could run. It was hailing and I was freezing hanging with some friends. I decided to split but it looked as the track was drying and the day might have gotten better. Dumbist thing I ever did and I all the way home. I haven't run this year but hope to Friday on the long cousre with the Ferrari Club. Hope it all worked out for those who stayed. I though summer was near till I arrived in Pocono Joel / Alan did you run?

got one run in in the morning. The afternoon turned into a washout for me. Let me know about friday I think I will be able to get away for the day and it might be fun to terrorize a few Ferraris.

Alan
Old 04-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Silver Bullet 99
Burning Brakes

The snow kicked back up again and started blowing across the track around 2:30pm again - thats when I called it quits.

Dave and Sally put on a great event! This was my first high speed run and I can't wait to run again!!

Between the rain, heavy fog, sleeting and then snow made for a very technical driving course.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:35 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by XGRANDSPORTX
got one run in in the morning. The afternoon turned into a washout for me. Let me know about friday I think I will be able to get away for the day and it might be fun to terrorize a few Ferraris.

Alan
send email today to them
Old 04-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that the weekend weather was terrible. As you probably know, Firday was pretty good with PDA on the East course. I was there along with Alan, Joel, Joe, Doc, Tom and lots of others. We had a few sprinkles in the afternoon, but it didn't slow things down too much.

It was great getting back onto the track and seeing all the crazy buddies after a long winter. Sorry you wern't there John. I'm planning to be at Watkins Glen on May 9 & 10. Hope to see lots of you guys there.

Jim
Old 04-25-2005, 11:45 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to Pocono Raceway! The weather is pretty crappy well into May. There have been times well into June, where it was very cold.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jim 47
Sorry to hear that the weekend weather was terrible. As you probably know, Firday was pretty good with PDA on the East course. I was there along with Alan, Joel, Joe, Doc, Tom and lots of others. We had a few sprinkles in the afternoon, but it didn't slow things down too much.

It was great getting back onto the track and seeing all the crazy buddies after a long winter. Sorry you wern't there John. I'm planning to be at Watkins Glen on May 9 & 10. Hope to see lots of you guys there.

Jim

going May 7th?

Get notified of new replies

To CVCC Pocono TrackDays and Firestone Wide Ovals

Quick Reply: CVCC Pocono TrackDays and Firestone Wide Ovals