Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Papis Carnage @ Rolex 250 @ the Glen

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 06:02 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Papis Carnage @ Rolex 250 @ the Glen

It was a good race and a major accident. Nobody hurt thank God. Papis feels bad second major wreck after the WC wreck. Wood Chuck is no more and felt no pain . Splitter on Max Angelelli took Chucky out at the end. Great competition. They were doing 1:47's
Old 09-25-2005, 12:26 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed the big crash but saw Max A's road kill. We used to shoot wood chucks as kids growing up back in Mass. It was an exciting race, but those DP cars are ugly
Old 09-25-2005, 12:32 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

Rolex competition has gotten quite good, but it is ashame the cars are so ugly and low tech. If we could get true prototypes in Grand Am OR larger fields in ALMS (4 cars in P1 at Mosport!) we might be able to get at least one decent endurance series in the US.

The GT (GT2 in ALMS) classes in both series are pretty good, but I get tired of seeing factory built Porsches setting the standard for the few other cars.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:40 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

I guess low tech also means cheaper so that's why there are so many team and good competition. Some are better looking than others. Be nice to have one for HPDE
Old 09-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

When I was at the Glen this summer, I was doing ~110 at the end of the straight on the bottom of the boot and 2 big wood chucks were crossing the road. I couldn't steer around them without wrecking so I just held my breath and waited for impact. They scurried as quickly as they could to the side and thankfully made it without catastrophe.

That was a scary moment.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:44 PM
John Wiz
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I guess low tech also means cheaper so that's why there are so many team and good competition. Some are better looking than others. Be nice to have one for HPDE
It's probably a good thing that they are cheaper,, with how often they crash into each other... they have more money to spend to fix them for the next race....

Every time I watch one of those races I can't believe how many wrecks there are from drviers pushing a bad situation.... or just plain running into another car from missing a braking point...
Old 09-25-2005, 12:44 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Falcon
When I was at the Glen this summer, I was doing ~110 at the end of the straight on the bottom of the boot and 2 big wood chucks were crossing the road. I couldn't steer around them without wrecking so I just held my breath and waited for impact. They scurried as quickly as they could to the side and thankfully made it without catastrophe.

That was a scary moment.
For the wood chuck
Old 09-25-2005, 10:17 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How much cheaper does an ugly DP body cost vs a sexy one? No wind tunnels allowed.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:03 AM
micro
Melting Slicks

31 cars will be at Petit Le Mans (5 P1s and 8 or so P2s).
Old 09-26-2005, 10:12 AM
cire96
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Falcon

That was a scary moment.
At Indianapolis Raceway Park this May we had a Canada Goose land on the entry to turn 7. He (or she) stood there stature still perfectly situated at the edge of the racing line. That bird stood there for three laps and never moved a feather. On the parade lap, I slowed to herd the bird off the track, but it was the only way that (apparently) very interested SCCA spectator was going to leave the racing surface!
Cire

Get notified of new replies

To Papis Carnage @ Rolex 250 @ the Glen

Quick Reply: Papis Carnage @ Rolex 250 @ the Glen