Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 WHEELS!!!!!

Old 02-25-1999, 06:30 PM
corvdon
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that no one has posted one of my biggest gripes with the C5 that is shared by multitudes - the stock wheels do nothing for the car. Chroming them helps, but....
Maybe GM was paid off by Fikse/BBS/.....?
After 3 years they can't come up with a better wheel??? (the European Mag wheel or whatever they call it isn't the answer).
Old 02-25-1999, 08:12 PM
Nitrodamus
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, are you ever right !! I'm not sure what car those wheels are supposed to be on but it's not the Corvette !! I have written several letters to GM about those strange wheels through their on-line web site and all they ever said was "thanks for the input". I wasn't too crazy about taking the stock wheels off throwing them away ( because who in the hell would want them !!! ) and spending another $4000 for wheels that should have been on the car in the first place. The another thing is the diameter is 17" in front and 18" in the rear, I read somewhere, that GM did that to lower the front of the car. OK, so thats 1/2 inch lower in the front !!! Big deal, Now I can't rotate the tires front to rear and it's very noticeable. Remember the Delorean, they did the same thing. It least John Delorean had an excuse, ( Hey John, you still got some white stuff on your nose !!) Anyway, I went with the $3,000 buck option on my 99 coupe, at least they look better, but $3,000 buck better ?? That would be NO !! The 2000 Vet is supposed to have new wheels, For some reason though I see even bigger spokes and wood in our future, YEAH THATS IT !! Maybe something from the 1800's... ?? Maybe wheels from a conastoga wagon..?? They were bigger in the rear, but I'm not sure about their cornering ability.

[This message has been edited by NEXEX (edited 02-26-99).]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 WHEELS!!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: