Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 APPEARANCE

Old 02-08-2000, 06:42 AM
BUTCHANDHIS96C4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ONE OF THE THINGS I ALWAYS LOVED ABOUT CORVETTES WAS THE SLEEK,ATHLETIC LOOK THAT THE LOWER BODY TAPER GAVE THE CAR. THIS WAS MOST ARTFULLY DONE ON THE C-4. THE C-5 IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR,BUT LOOKS LIKE A "KIT CAR" OR A MODIFIED CAR WITH SOME TYPE OF AERO-BODY KIT. THE REAR END IS OVERSTATED AND OBESE. I'M NOT SAYING I WOULDN'T BUY ONE BECAUSE THE SHEER PERFORMANCE AND LOOKS AS A PACKAGE ARE UNBEATABLE, BUT IT COULD LOOK BETTER!!!!
Old 02-09-2000, 12:53 PM
Marcus
CF Senior Member

They should make the car more aerodynamic.

Pop-up headlights are cool, but they are a huge drag penalty and we wouldn't have to worry about losing those cap plugs at high speed.

The windows bulge out and leak at high speed! Does Chevy even test past 200 mph? They should.

Some of the C5's scoops and vents aren't even functional. If they don't do anything smooth them out to make the car sleeker.

The brakes could be better, too. The car dives during heavy braking and the rotors rust on a flagship product?!?!
Old 02-11-2000, 08:16 AM
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 555 Likes on 380 Posts

We need more power, better brakes, wider wheels and tires, better sound system, better seats and that just about covers it.

Old 02-14-2000, 03:20 AM
Dittohead_nm
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by Marcus
They should make the car more aerodynamic.
More aerodynamic? How? They designed it in a wind tunnle and it has extremely low coefficient of drag from what I understand. In fact, I've heard that the fat rear is part of the aerodynamic design that gives it such a low CD. Function over form in this case I afraid.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 APPEARANCE

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: