Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Copy of post from 1997-200? C5 Section

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2000, 02:15 AM
Marcus
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fit and finish and toughness of the Japanese sports cars is in a much higher league than GM's. It's sad, very sad. Vettes are cool cars, but I really expected a lot more. The problems of the C5 and the terrible state of dealer service are in insult to the fans of the Vette. I read that dealers get reimbursed for every "fix" they do to our cars. I swear some other little problem pops up that the dealer "fixes" every time I return to the dealership to get another radio/speaker replaced that wasn't there before. It's like the dealers are trying to take credit for repairs that didn't need to be done or were problems caused by Mr. BadWrench. BTW, I've got a case number from Chevrolet since I am about to get my 3rd radio and 4th speaker set from another dealer, along with a few misc. problems.

Oh well, there's always the Toyota (or Lexus) Supra TT Gen5 coming out in a year or two. If it's as fast as the last generation Supra was, I'm trading in. Lexus gives you a courtesy car every time you take one of theirs in for service.

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 03-15-2000).]
Old 03-14-2000, 07:51 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

The fit and finish of my car is second to non, but it's the stupid little things like an audio system out of a Vega, and like brake rotors from a Pinto. Then the fuel tank problem that Chevy has know about since the C5 hit the street, and lets talk about the steering lock problem that in 2000 cars Chevy claims that the parts were changed, wrong same parts as 97,98,99. Keep screwing the customer and see if they keep coming back, that must be Chevy's thinking.

Quick Reply: Copy of post from 1997-200? C5 Section