Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Castrol SRF, and V710 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Open the MC you might be suprised how much it looks like cola already.
Yes mine takes about a week!
I'm thinking Tom is right about the SRF even for street cars.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

If you are getting a large color change in your brake fluid over a half year's time you must be doing something I am not doing. I run the Ford Fluid and other than the fluid that is in the calipers have never seen any noticeable color change of the fluid in the MC. Even with the new 500 degree Ford Fluid and Wilwood H pads I have not boiled the fluid yet. SRF is a great fluid but an overkill. I can still bleed the complete system almost as quick as bleeding the calipers several times per year and still be $ ahead. The amount of fluid difference is mimimal when you realize just how little fluid is in the brake pipes.
Bill
Old 06-24-2006, 09:52 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by provette67
I run the 315/18 setup on the rear of my"stock" Z06 no problems.Go have some fun
are you running that "stock" Z06 at the tire rack first weekend in July? 14 events
As far as the thread goes the guy that we got our car from runs the 315's on the back in both the kuhmo and the hoosier on stock Z06 wheels and his is also "stock"

Last edited by AUTO_X_AL; 06-24-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Highroller
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jess03Z06
I see the note about using one bottle of Castrol SRF all year and further that you just bleed the caliper not flush the system. That seems great, but does the open bottle not absorb too much moisture from the air once the bottle gets partially empty?

Second, I have seen many posts saying you can put the 18" 315 v710s on stock z06 rears. I run TT and have a stock suspension and stock rear brake ducts. Under heavy cornering, do you guys that run this combo get any rubbing on the fender or brake duct? I read all threads but couldn't find that exact combo question asked/answered.

Thanks!
I run 18" 315 v710s on the stock rims without any problem at all and the car is lowered on the stock bolts

Quick Reply: Castrol SRF, and V710 question