Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoX - Can I beat the Z06's with a modded C4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastguy
Just buy the Z06, you know you want to.

If this is for track events, just start with the best car you can. It will take alot of work and money to get the C4 (if you stay with an L98) to keep up with a stock Z on a track.

I don't think you'd have too much to worry about going back and forth from one car to the other, you'll learn how to drive the new car differently and some of it may help you drive the other car. If you start with a Z06 you'll already have the horsepower and brakes right out of the box. Not to mention no 4+3 transmission!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:04 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 69autoXr

If this is for track events, just start with the best car you can. It will take alot of work and money to get the C4 (if you stay with an L98) to keep up with a stock Z on a track.

I don't think you'd have too much to worry about going back and forth from one car to the other, you'll learn how to drive the new car differently and some of it may help you drive the other car. If you start with a Z06 you'll already have the horsepower and brakes right out of the box. Not to mention no 4+3 transmission!
Hey it can work. It just isn't as easy! A Z06 is probably one of the best cars to start with though.

Quick Reply: AutoX - Can I beat the Z06's with a modded C4?