Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness for Road Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:00 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by urslooow
How would you guys feel about using an around the seat harness in addition to the stock seat belt (would keep you in your seat during a frontal/rear impact---whilst the harness would greatly stabilize you during good high perf driving?)
I bought these and plan to have a local upholster put them in.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/s...c/seat-grommet

I specifically did this because of the 2LZ C6Z06 issue.

I also, thought about using the stock seat belt along with a 5 point as well and think this is a good option. The only downside I can think of is if there is a fire and now you have 2 release buttons to find vs. a single camlock. So, there are upsides and downsides, but I think using a 5/6 point wrapped around the stock seats with no sternum strap or stock seat belt is just NOT an option.

I personally plan to install the grommets. If you do not want to use the grommets, get yourself a sternum strap at minimum.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is if you plan to use a HANS device (As I've found out), the three inch straps are not ideal...2inchers apparently work better on the shoulder supports.

Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 06:47 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Operations,

I'll be at the BBORR - 99 Magnetic Red coupe / Car # 12.
I'm in the 110 class. You???

I put in a Brey-Krause harness bar and seat belt mounts.
I'm running G-Force 6-point harnesses with clips so I can take the belt and sub-belt out and just use the stock seatbelt for cruising.
The sub-belt secures you in like a parachute harness.

Stock belts are ok in my class but I like the extra protection and stability in the seat so I'm not having to brace myself to keep from sliding around.

This will be our second time to run the BBORR. Last year we came in 2nd in the 100 class (.4 seconds off @100.010 mph). I hope we don't try to overthink it this time and end up screwing up.

We went down Saturday to drive the course and practice.

See you down there.

Quick Reply: Harness for Road Race