Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderbolt Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Thunderbolt Raceway

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/
Old 08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF happened to the 4 mile circuit?!?! It's now been split up into 2 seperate smaller circuits with the largest being 2.25 miles?

I don't want to complain about getting ANY road course in NJ, but I was really hopeful for something big and special.

We'll I won't get discouraged, as any roadcourse is better than none and the VIR guys now how to design road courses, so we'll just have to see

Last edited by 95jersey; 08-15-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
WTF happened to the 4 mile circuit?!?! It's now been split up into 2 seperate smaller circuits with the largest being 2.25 miles?

I don't want to complain about getting ANY road course in NJ, but I was really hopeful for something big and special.

We'll I won't get discouraged, as any roadcourse is better than none and the VIR guys now how to design road courses, so we'll just have to see
Matt, don't panic -- yet!! It seems they have now decided to build the track in stages. Stage 1 is for the south course, then the north. My understanding is all the courses originally envisioned will be built -- eventually. If you check their schedule, it now runs through 2015, so when the rest of the courses will be built is anybody's guess.

Frank Gonzalez

Get notified of new replies

To Thunderbolt Raceway

Quick Reply: Thunderbolt Raceway