Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track/Autox Video Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:51 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Track/Autox Video Project

After four years of taking video of my track days and autocross, I was finally able to do what I had been hoping for, something better. This is a lap around my local track called Sandia Motorsports Park.

http://www.deathtocones.com/videos/WB-8-26-07.wmv

Yes I need to figure out a better way to put the camera on me driving better but overall I got the effect I wanted. Telemetry overlaid on a clear view of the line, track map with live position, and a camera showing the driver's inputs. Immediately I discovered I am not looking ahead when concentrating on a hot lap - I don't suffer this when I autocross. The data shows me plenty as well and I will be able to do the same with output from another car with a G2X with camcorder and then run the videos side by side synced at the start line. Worst case, this is great entertainment for me. Best case it improves my driving and maybe helps others that drive the same track.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyBoy72
Worst case, this is great entertainment for me.
Great entertainment for us too! Nice track and NO TRAFFIC!

Get notified of new replies

To Track/Autox Video Project

Quick Reply: Track/Autox Video Project