Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat-Time Roebling Road Sept. 28th

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patches and I will get into town on Thursday also. Do you know if we can drop off our cars/trailer? Do we tech our car like we do with NASA or what?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
I will be there. Getting in Thursday night. A couple other guys from this area are coming for the NASA event but are undecided about SeatTime. I am still working on them.
They better decide quick before it sells out...they are missing a ton of track time and the opportunity to lap Khoi 5 or 6 times per session...

Where are you staying Thursday night....and what about the accusump??
Old 09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by beerkat
Patches and I will get into town on Thursday also. Do you know if we can drop off our cars/trailer? Do we tech our car like we do with NASA or what?
Highly unlikely you can get in on Thursday to drop trailers - do not plan on it. If we get there Thursday night I will sleep outside the gate or crash on a generous friend...

Fill out your tech form/medical form before hand from the website. Josh and I will probably be working tech there....under the tech shed...

jeff
Old 09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The track will not be open Thursday night.

I cannot make it down until Friday 7am, and from what I have heard from the other people who asked - track management will not be there Thursday night to have the gate open.

Sorry about that, when I finish this school stuff (December) I should be able to come down and have a Thursday gate.

Jon
Old 09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jeff and Jon. I will down load sheets again; see you there.

Last edited by beerkat; 09-12-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

I signed up this afternoon, I wasn't going to come but then I found out the Jeff was buying Dinner Friday night and I couldn't pass that up. See you guys Thur. night, Wally are you staying at the ComfortInn??
JD
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by varkwso
...opportunity to lap Khoi 5 or 6 times per session...
You kill me
Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

"costed me"? You continue to push delimit of my knowledge....

Your car is not slow - well at least not now that the engine is rotating again - I think the problem lies with the organic interface...

You were doing so well at the Rock right up to that point also.....I seem to remember when I got out of the car at CMP was when you .....even after that I was willing to ride with you anywhere, anytime
Yeah..."costed" similar to the use of "run" in past tense. For example, "You runned off at T5 in a big cloud of sand". Yeah, I know....intestinal fortitude Can't cut me some slack at 1am after being woken up twice by the d*mn pager again just to troubleshoot some circuit connection to some nowhere location... Sorry, I vent.

As for CMP, I can't say that you've taught me all my off-roading skills. but I may have picked up some on my own But what I have learned oh master sensei is your cheap....urhmm I mean frugal and efficient use of pads. This was from VIR couple weeks ago. The CMP ones looked like these also if I recall

Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06cool
Yeah..."costed" similar to the use of "run" in past tense. For example, "You runned off at T5 in a big cloud of sand". Yeah, I know....intestinal fortitude Can't cut me some slack at 1am after being woken up twice by the d*mn pager again just to troubleshoot some circuit connection to some nowhere location... Sorry, I vent.

As for CMP, I can't say that you've taught me all my off-roading skills. but I may have picked up some on my own But what I have learned oh master sensei is your cheap....urhmm I mean frugal and efficient use of pads. This was from VIR couple weeks ago. The CMP ones looked like these also if I recall

Grasshopper, you have learned to get all that can be gotten from your pads I only dish it to you cause you can take it .... You know I bury myself in the sand one time (it was a MAGNIFICANT spin I might add) and I am known as the sandman

JD - Hey if dinner is all it takes to get you signed up it is cheap at 1/2 the price.....
Old 09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dam, Jeff is buying dinner and beer! I need to sign up too! Seat time runs a great event...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Timz06
Dam, Jeff is buying dinner and beer! I need to sign up too! Seat time runs a great event...
Hey Tim, are you going to be there Fri, Sat, Sun??? Maybe I could get some guidance over the weekend?? Thats what I here, the food and beer is on Jeff Friday night. I didn't know MickeyDs sold beer. JD
Old 09-13-2007, 06:21 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Nobody, in their right mind, would try to keep you supplied in beer...

I thought you were signed up
Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I asked jon if he had any spots open, we'll see..Jim we can get together if I am there, if not Jeff is the master at Roebling.

Tim
Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Default Seat Time

I asked jon if he had any spots open, we'll see..Jim we can get together if I am there, if not Jeff is the master at Roebling.

Tim
It was still open online a little while ago. Hope to see you there. JD
Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Where are you staying Thursday night....and what about the accusump??
I will put the Accusump on my check list and MAYBE remember to bring it along. I am at Comfort Inn all wekeend. You and sons are welcome if you want . One king bed (mine) and sleeper sofa.
BTW..........Khoi is faster since I rode with him at VIR and we "unlearned" some of your previous teachings. Let me know about room.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Jon,
Still have any novice spaces open?? (actually 2)?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Yep, I got spaces open.

Though, you guys have kinda caused a rush the last couple of days.. not a bad thing

The entry list is looking like a Corvette-BMW day (have a half-dozen or so Spec E30 cars coming in as well)

Jon

Get notified of new replies

To Seat-Time Roebling Road Sept. 28th

Old 09-13-2007, 07:25 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
....BTW..........Khoi is faster since I rode with him at VIR and we "unlearned" some of your previous teachings.....:
"unlearned" you are assuming he is teachable and I was capable of teaching anyone, anything ....

I would prefer to come down Thursday night if we can work it into our schedule.....

Josh should be getting some Fiesta and ZO6 SeatTime on Friday....he will be getting some seattime towing the car trailer also!

All the Spec E30 is the Patton influence....we have pushed this "pre-day" hard over in NASA-SE

Last edited by varkwso; 09-13-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

"unlearned" you are assuming he is teachable and I was capable of teaching anyone, anything ....
Guys, guys....no need to fight over me. There's plenty of spin left in me for those brave enough to sit in the right seat On a serious note though, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to "try" to keep up with ya'll at Roebling at least for a lap or two. Would help me speed up my pace there.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06cool
Guys, guys....no need to fight over me. There's plenty of spin left in me for those brave enough to sit in the right seat On a serious note though, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to "try" to keep up with ya'll at Roebling at least for a lap or two. Would help me speed up my pace there.
Butt Ugly is going to see delimit of what it can do.. 1:18.x that will be tough - but I guess I will just need to put Jake in the seat...

Quick Reply: Seat-Time Roebling Road Sept. 28th