Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Racers - Considering Taking The Plunge; Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

subdriver....hmmm...have we met?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:03 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

You know - it's so easy on the Internet for people to feel empowered by their anonymity. I hope all of you realize that I was asking a REAL question here, and your encouragement, information, insight, and general rhetoric have driven me to make what is likely the most financially irresponsible decision I've made in my years.

I will be joining you T1 and STS2 racers in 2008. I have not been this excited since May 2004 when I closed the deal on my first Corvette ever.

I will immediately start dropping cash on safety stuff - suit, better helmet, HANS, etc. I should pick the car up in the next 2 weeks or so, assuming I don't explode with excitement between now and then. I'm hoping to make the NASA Mid-Ohio drivers school/race in March, and that just can't get here soon enough.

So thanks to everybody who contributed thoughts and words of encouragement. Thanks to Jason (03ragtop) for stepping up and climbing in to my current Z - I'm sure he and Katie will give it hell and it's great to know it's going to be used and abused and not some garage queen. I am very excited to put faces (and real names) to all the names in the upcoming year.

Thanks again, gentlemen.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

It certainly won't be a garage queen. We're looking at more HPDEs and heading into Time Trials if all goes as planned this year.

Anybody want a 2003 Convertible? Low miles. Garage kept.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedOtSix
Thanks again, gentlemen.

Oh, my goodness, we've created a monster!

I hope he doesn't regret those words this time next year, when he's taking a 2nd mortgage on his house for the Moton triple shock setup he has on order!

Welcome to the real dark side!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:09 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
Oh, my goodness, we've created a monster!

I hope he doesn't regret those words this time next year, when he's taking a 2nd mortgage on his house for the Moton triple shock setup he has on order!

Welcome to the real dark side!

Old 12-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

You know - it's so easy on the Internet for people to feel empowered by their anonymity. I hope all of you realize that I was asking a REAL question here, and your encouragement, information, insight, and general rhetoric have driven me to make what is likely the most financially irresponsible decision I've made in my years.

I will be joining you T1 and STS2 racers in 2008. I have not been this excited since May 2004 when I closed the deal on my first Corvette ever.

I will immediately start dropping cash on safety stuff - suit, better helmet, HANS, etc. I should pick the car up in the next 2 weeks or so, assuming I don't explode with excitement between now and then. I'm hoping to make the NASA Mid-Ohio drivers school/race in March, and that just can't get here soon enough.

So thanks to everybody who contributed thoughts and words of encouragement. Thanks to Jason (03ragtop) for stepping up and climbing in to my current Z - I'm sure he and Katie will give it hell and it's great to know it's going to be used and abused and not some garage queen. I am very excited to put faces (and real names) to all the names in the upcoming year.

Thanks again, gentlemen.

Very cool man. It should make for some fun reading thats for sure.

I'm sure Jason and Katie are excited about the new car. It will be fun to watch next year to see what they can do with it. Congrats guys!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Thanks again, gentlemen.

Whose car did you buy?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:44 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Olitho
Whose car did you buy?

The car I bought was built in 2004 by Phoenix for Christopher Ash in Colorado.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
SteveC6R
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna miss you Mikah...other than Jerry, you were also the other one I was shooting for when I bought my Vette. Wish I had the money to join you in T1 but it will have to wait.

Make sure you stop by from time to time and check in on us cone dodgers!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:11 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

... have driven me to make what is likely the most financially irresponsible decision I've made in my years.
With many more to follow I'm sure!

Congrats on taking the plunge. I remember the feeling well myself about five years ago today when I was driving back from a visit to Phoenix Performance thinking along the lines of "if I refinance that, sell this, put off buying that... I just might be able to make this work."

As I sit here typing this, I really can't believe that was actually five years ago either. What a great five years.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I hope to see you out there this season!

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Quick Reply: T1 Racers - Considering Taking The Plunge; Thoughts?