Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RR Clutch high HP

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

For RR aluminum is the way to go, it's easier to match rev's, the motor spins up faster. I think that you would be suprised what kind of differance it makes. The only real downside is the extra cost.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
For RR aluminum is the way to go, it's easier to match rev's, the motor spins up faster. I think that you would be suprised what kind of differance it makes. The only real downside is the extra cost.

I would also add it takes a bit more gas at a stop sign than a steel one. It took me about 2 days to get use to driving the aluminum on the street.

So it looks like the SPEC Super Twin P-Trim will be going in my car. There are some final questions I have for SPEC and assuming they handle those questions I will go that direction.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS

I would also add it takes a bit more gas at a stop sign than a steel one. It took me about 2 days to get use to driving the aluminum on the street.

So it looks like the SPEC Super Twin P-Trim will be going in my car. There are some final questions I have for SPEC and assuming they handle those questions I will go that direction.
Let us know how it holds up.
It's kind of nice to have a lot of good products to choose from, what's the Spec going for if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 AM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
Let us know how it holds up.
It's kind of nice to have a lot of good products to choose from, what's the Spec going for if you don't mind me asking?
It looks like I will also be getting the Spec Twin, just not sure which trim... Textrailia is lossing a lot of business because of this backorder on the exo-skell and the horrific thing is that they aren't even providing an ETA for when their twins will be available.. I can't wait another 7 weeks without any response from them...

Quick Reply: RR Clutch high HP