Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spot Available at NCM VIR

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Spot Available at NCM VIR

Due to a family problem, I have to cancel my registration for NCM VIR. I was in the Blue group. I also signed up for the Banquet and have a room at The Lodge for Sunday and Monday nights.

Just looking to get back what I paid ($440 plus $30 for the banquet). As for the room, I assume it can be transferred just by giving them your credit card.

Of course, Adam Boca would have to sign off on this. I e-mailed him a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

While I've done over 30 track events, the NCM VIR last year was by far the best. Had Steve Epley, an SCCA regional champion, as my coach. All the instructors seem top-notch and the event is very well run.

Please PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Joseesp
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Steve,

Sorry to hear you're not going to make it. I was looking forward to seeing you there since I haven't seen you at the local tracks. Maybe I'll see you at the Glen July 14/15 or Pocono July 18/20.

I hope the family is Ok and whatever the problem, will be resolved soon.

Jose.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

FYI - Roc and/or Tom normally have a waiting list... so they may already have your position filled... might be good to check with them before doing anything ... just a thought
Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by ERND IT
FYI - Roc and/or Tom normally have a waiting list... so they may already have your position filled... might be good to check with them before doing anything ... just a thought
I sent an e-mail to Adam last week, but never got a reply. Tom suggested I e-mail Roc--which I did. I told him that I had a replacement and that he wouldn't have to issue a refund or anything, just replace me (which has been the norm with most track groups I've run with). I spoke to him on the phone and he told me he had "no free time" to handle my request. So I'm SOL and someone who would have enjoyed the event is also SOL.

Live and learn.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

wow - that's weird! Roc has always had a waiting list of folks for this event... have you contacted Tom Bohlman (the event coordinator), and let him know? (AU N EGL here on the forum)

Hopefully you can find someone to take your spot - this is one of the BEST HPDE's ever put together - not to mention the venue - VIR is fantastic!

Good luck - I will pass the word for you to anyone I know may be interested as well
Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sefa01
I sent an e-mail to Adam last week, but never got a reply.
Originally Posted by ERND IT

Hopefully you can find someone to take your spot - this is one of the BEST HPDE's ever put together - not to mention the venue - VIR is fantastic!
Sefa01 sorry to hear you cannot attend!

Adam is not ignoring you, he is away from the museum this week and is probably not able to check email.

Roc has other events he is tending to before VIR.

As far as finding a replacement. An equal driver would help as the schedule would not have to be re-arranged in terms of instructor assignments. Tom has his hands full balancing it now. You cannot simply add a new driver to a different group. Instructor/Student lists have been composed.

Not saying it can't be done, but it is more work than it may appear.

I'll look into this further as well.

Mike
Old 06-17-2008, 09:15 AM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Sefa01 sorry to hear you cannot attend!

Adam is not ignoring you, he is away from the museum this week and is probably not able to check email.

Roc has other events he is tending to before VIR.

As far as finding a replacement. An equal driver would help as the schedule would not have to be re-arranged in terms of instructor assignments. Tom has his hands full balancing it now. You cannot simply add a new driver to a different group. Instructor/Student lists have been composed.

Not saying it can't be done, but it is more work than it may appear.

I'll look into this further as well.

Mike
This would be a direct replacement in my group (Blue). There would be no credit card problem, since I will simply have the replacement reimburse me. It seems pretty straightforward to me.

I have a driver with the required experience who says he'll definitely take my place and two others who've expressed interest.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

This would be a direct replacement in my group (Blue). There would be no credit card problem, since I will simply have the replacement reimburse me. It seems pretty straightforward to me.
I agree.

Putting a man on the moon and getting him back is difficult. And hitting Mars with a rocket shot 6 years in advance is kind of tough.

But substituting one name for another on a list....I don't know.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I spoke to him on the phone and he told me he had "no free time" to handle my request.
Well ... that sort of says it all for my thinking. It seems a pretty simple request as Jody said so that really sucks Roc.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by rbl
Well ... that sort of says it all for my thinking. It seems a pretty simple request as Jody said so that really sucks Roc.

I was hoping that Adam might help, but still didn't hear from him even though I e-mailed and PM'd him 8 days ago.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Steven,

The first email and the first PM I received from you was on 6/12/08. Your email generated an Out of Office message stating:

"I am currently out of the office attending Vettes by the Shore in Biloxi, MS. I will return emails upon my return on Wednesday. If this needs immediate attention please email Roc Linkov, roc@corvettemuseum.com.

Thank You,

Adam Boca"

A couple hours later I got the PM from you, but did not check emails and/or PMs until this morning. I have over 300 emails that I am currently sifting through and someone sent me a link to this thread. Short-Throw also pointed out that I was out of town on 6/16, so it should be no surprise that I was not responding to your email or PM.

Roc is my boss, and obviously, I can not and will not go around him. This is the reason for me not repling as you and Roc have communticated, and no need for me to get in the middle of it.

Sorry for your troubles, and good luck with your personal matters.

Adam Boca

Last edited by Adam Boca; 06-18-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Let's keep the heat down on this matter since I know or am familiar with Steve and all the people mentioned or posting and they are all good guys, or good gals in Donna's case. It seems reasonable to ask for replacement, but Roc, Adam and Tom are truly overwhelmed by everything they are handling and I am amazed at how well they do. We don't know what they are up against in managing multiple events with a zillion requests. Be patient, understanding and it will probably work out. Worst case result is you have made a contribution to the NCM, perhaps not such a bad thing. Sorry you will not be able to participate and hope it sorts out OK.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:22 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
Let's keep the heat down on this matter since I know or am familiar with Steve and all the people mentioned or posting and they are all good guys, or good gals in Donna's case. It seems reasonable to ask for replacement, but Roc, Adam and Tom are truly overwhelmed by everything they are handling and I am amazed at how well they do. We don't know what they are up against in managing multiple events with a zillion requests. Be patient, understanding and it will probably work out. Worst case result is you have made a contribution to the NCM, perhaps not such a bad thing. Sorry you will not be able to participate and hope it sorts out OK.

You're right. There are worse things than making a contribution to the museum. Let's close this thread down and let it rest.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Sounds groovy to me Steve...

Thanks all!

Adam Boca

Get notified of new replies

To Spot Available at NCM VIR

Quick Reply: Spot Available at NCM VIR