Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA Mid-Ohio 7/13 and 7/13

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

At the end you can see the ol C4 parked on the right after the keyhole...I should have taken video from there.

Update on Rob's car -

Bent valve in cyl 3 which caused the pushrod debacle of last month.

Fuel issues due to improper routing of dual fuel pump lines (specifically the return line).

Several of the rocker arms were installed upside-down. Did anyone know that some roller rockers only go on one way? I didn't. But I'm not real bright.

The car should be up and running by next week, although fixing it may kill the race budget for this year. Damn C4's.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaryFast

Update on Rob's car -

Bent valve in cyl 3 which caused the pushrod debacle of last month.

Fuel issues due to improper routing of dual fuel pump lines (specifically the return line).

Several of the rocker arms were installed upside-down. Did anyone know that some roller rockers only go on one way? I didn't. But I'm not real bright.

The car should be up and running by next week, although fixing it may kill the race budget for this year. Damn C4's.

Rob just can't get a break. Hopefully he can get the car out to a test and tune day at Grattan or somewhere closer before making the haul to Mid Ohio. Good Luck.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd like to say congrats to Geff Sawtelle for taking 1st in TTS sure he didn't beat Danny but then again who can? Geff has done a good job this year and we will be looking for ways to get some more speed out of his car. Great job from the rest of you guys I hope to run into some of you up at Road America in 2 weeks. (Remember you have a full service Corvette shop only 12 miles from RA)

Great job guys this should make Nationals that much more interesting.

Joel
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geoff did a great job and beat the current reigning TTS National Champion , Jeff Moser.....

I was suprised how far both of them were off of what I know they can/have run in the past...........strange.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Geoff did a great job and beat the current reigning TTS National Champion , Jeff Moser.....

I was suprised how far both of them were off of what I know they can/have run in the past...........strange.
Seems like a lot of people were off the pace set last year. I only saw a handful of folks who's times I know, and many seemed about 2 seconds off last year. I guess the rain made things slickery.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:32 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I'd like to say congrats to Geff Sawtelle for taking 1st in TTS sure he didn't beat Danny but then again who can? Geff has done a good job this year and we will be looking for ways to get some more speed out of his car. Great job from the rest of you guys I hope to run into some of you up at Road America in 2 weeks. (Remember you have a full service Corvette shop only 12 miles from RA)

Great job guys this should make Nationals that much more interesting.

Joel
Seems like a lot of people were off the pace set last year. I only saw a handful of folks who's times I know, and many seemed about 2 seconds off last year. I guess the rain made things slickery.
Mr. Sawtelle has been on fire this year, he was incredibly fast at Grattan setting a new track record, I think he might be a force to recon with, of course Jesse was right on point matching his best time from Nationals and setting a new regional track record of 1:35.059 in TTA Congrats man I think he holds every regional track record he even beat me at my home track his 1st time there Maybe I need to start calling Mid-O home.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jesse does rock......His 35.0 was fast especially for everyones times to be a little off. Jeff Moser and Jesse packed it up after the first run group on Sunday, they should have both stayed.

Another notable was the 3rd place TTS driver Clay Shearer with his 35.1 on his first TT at Mid-Ohio....

TTS is shaping up to be quite a battle at Nationals....

Ken are you running you 'ole car in TTA @ Nationals ????
Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

These are awesome pictures, THANKS!

Everyone please note that in #072 I was just about to pass Quine...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Jesse does rock......His 35.0 was fast especially for everyones times to be a little off. Jeff Moser and Jesse packed it up after the first run group on Sunday, they should have both stayed.

Another notable was the 3rd place TTS driver Clay Shearer with his 35.1 on his first TT at Mid-Ohio....

TTS is shaping up to be quite a battle at Nationals....

Ken are you running you 'ole car in TTA @ Nationals ????
That's what I'm signed up for, but currently I'm not sure what I'll do for nationals. I'm not sure jumping from car to car would be such a good idea at this point.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Jess03Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ken and Danny.... Yeah, i shoulda stayed. Changed to my streets in the rain and watched the sun heat the track right when i was pulling away. Ken you own TTA at MO for the moment, must have watched that 33.8 from the nats 10 times. Hope to see you both there in august and I am sure to have my rear swaybar bolt tight this time:-)

Oh come on Ken, you have to defend TTA at the Nats. Of course this year I won't poke fun at your kooks, learned an important lesson about that.:-)
Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... Jody, ....

You can ditch your SE buddies and come hang with us for a while.....

I want to finally check out your "pit babes" ....If I can handle it ..
Cross region recruiting has to be against the rules somehow - but Jody has enough to share

You are not ready for the "pit babes" - you are going to need more "bar meat" to hang with them...

Rogue - great writeup
Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the no show by me this baby thing is kikin my *** wifey is having some problems not serious but they need my undivided attention for now i got the car dynoed 330 rwhp im doing all i can to get out there ... herr due date is aug 12th i may have to wait im very frustrated and i WILLBE RACING AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE !!!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Jess03Z06
Thanks Ken and Danny.... Yeah, i shoulda stayed. Changed to my streets in the rain and watched the sun heat the track right when i was pulling away. Ken you own TTA at MO for the moment, must have watched that 33.8 from the nats 10 times. Hope to see you both there in august and I am sure to have my rear swaybar bolt tight this time:-)

Oh come on Ken, you have to defend TTA at the Nats. Of course this year I won't poke fun at your kooks, learned an important lesson about that.:-)
I wish others would post their fast laps so I could watch them , maybe I have to stop giving all my secrets away

$$ and how I feel in the new car will be the deciding factor, I have a lot to figure out. Then do I run the Kooks or Hoosiers (which I can run on my new car). Even though they are both C5 Z06s they are like two completely different cars. I was talking to former TTAer and he was saying all the Evo guys from the west coast laugh at the Corvette. He keeps telling them they have know idea what they are in for here in the Mid West. Hopefully a few will make the trip, we need 8 before the Kook pays out, $1000 for 1st & $500 for 2nd, it almost covers a set of tires.

If I can't get my new car sorted out in ST1(TTU) or 2 (TTS) I'm pretty sure you'll see me in the old car in TTA. That is if I'm allowed to drive it
Old 07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
may have to wait im very frustrated and i WILLBE RACING AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE !!!
As soon as humanly possible would have been last weekend Get 'yer **** out here!

Originally Posted by L98Terror
I wish others would post their fast laps so I could watch them , maybe I have to stop giving all my secrets away
Just keep propagating the laps in the new car in the rain. That'll fix them.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

[QUOTE=L98Terror;1566354396]....he was saying all the Evo guys from the west coast laugh at the Corvette. He keeps telling them they have know idea what they are in for here in the Mid West. .....QUOTE]

It will be a shock for them I think....
Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

ScaryFast asked earlier if there was any news on my blown motor. There is now.

Crank broke, causing internal block damage, but no holes in the block. There are five 38-caliber holes in one side of the oil pan. No connecting rods broken, but one wrist pin was pulled out of the piston and still in the twisted connecting rod. Some valves were damaged, but heads visually look ok otherwise.

Here’s to starting over!

Ed
Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by eogel
ScaryFast asked earlier if there was any news on my blown motor. There is now.

Crank broke, causing internal block damage, but no holes in the block. There are five 38-caliber holes in one side of the oil pan. No connecting rods broken, but one wrist pin was pulled out of the piston and still in the twisted connecting rod. Some valves were damaged, but heads visually look ok otherwise.

Here’s to starting over!

Ed
Ed that sucks, hopefully you'll get it all back together. BTW it was nice chating with you & I can't wait to run with the TCC guys again.

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To NASA Mid-Ohio 7/13 and 7/13

Old 07-19-2008, 11:41 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

That may be happening sooner than you might think!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:55 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Vector Vette
That may be happening sooner than you might think!
I think we should lobby NASA and get a 7.0 :1 class, NASA runs every track you guys want to run & they have a National Championship. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by L98Terror
I think we should lobby NASA and get a 7.0 :1 class, NASA runs every track you guys want to run & they have a National Championship. Seems like a no brainer to me.
The ST2 guys seem to have an issue with it. I would like to see it from a TTS to TTU perspective though.

Quick Reply: NASA Mid-Ohio 7/13 and 7/13