Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake bias issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
thekid96
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake bias issue

I have an 03 Z06 and I am running C6 Z06 calipers and RacingBrake rotors on all four corners. My issue is that my front passenger brake will lock up well before the others and activate ABS way too easily. Obviously this causes some handling and "feel" issues during aggressive driving. In addition I have had the same issue with ABS deactivated so I don't think it is a wheel speed sensor, but I could be missing something. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You might try calling Randy at DRM. I am not sure about your combo but you may need a larger master cyl. with brake bias adjustment with that system for competition use.

There are a few members running that setup with stock master cylinder for street use and I have not heard of any issues.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:22 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

you most certainly have a hydraulic issue...ie bubble etc... somewhere in the system. The C6Z calipers are sized such that the system you have should work just fine as far as I know.

The only way the side-to-side bias would be off would be a bubble in the system, or a problem inside of the ebtcm.

I assume you've done a full ABS tech-2 bleed since the installation???

Get notified of new replies

To Brake bias issue

Quick Reply: Brake bias issue