Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Time 4 Cars - November Events

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 PM
MichelleTT4C
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Time 4 Cars - November Events

Hi All!

It's not too late to register....Track Time 4 Cars is still running two more events this year...don't miss out!!!

* November 3rd - Monday - NJMP Thunderbolt
* November 15th - Saturday - Summit Point Shenandoah

Let me know that you're from the forum and the cost per day is only $245. You'll get boatloads of track time...it's soooo worth it!

Talk to you soon,

Michelle
Track Time 4 Cars
michelle@tracktime4cars.com
Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Nooooo. I want the track to myself on the 3rd!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:36 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
Nooooo. I want the track to myself on the 3rd!
Why? You finally going to bring out that Orange Monster and don't want to get spanked by the "cheap" cars?
Old 10-25-2008, 03:00 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by RUN4CVR
Why? You finally going to bring out that Orange Monster and don't want to get spanked by the "cheap" cars?
Watch what you say, buddy....Or I'll drive behind you!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

I'm in for Thunderbolt.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
Watch what you say, buddy....Or I'll drive behind you!
Forget I said anything....i don't want to be YouTube fodder.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
I'm in for Thunderbolt.
Got my car back i'm in, I think WW might be too. Michelle, I'll email credit card and follow up with a call, thanks.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure it will be a great event if the weather holds out! Just to give a shout out to TT4Cars, we got something like 8 or 9 sessions back in Oct at Thunderbolt (stopped counting). I skipped every other session and still got something like 5 or 6 sessions. You basically get 2 days worth of track time in a single day, if you and your car can take it!! Definately a good value.

And make sure if you are taking anyone for a ride please speak to Michele first (sorry Michele). Although the look on my buddies face was priceless.

I am done for the season, I am tapped mentally, physically and financially for now. I just spent the last 2 weekends getting the car back into street mode (what a PITA). Now I remember why I leave it in the garage all summer and just use it for track events. Good luck at the event and can't wait for a full season next year at NJMP!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

In for Nov 3rd at Thunderbolt.

The car is all setup and ready since I just made it back from WGI yesterday. Now I just need the snow to melt off it
Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 PM
theVcar
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

In and can't wait TPM is great
Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Michelle is the best
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Just keep all 4 wheels on the black stuff....otherwise you'll get a talkin to.

I know.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I know.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:32 PM
F.J.B.
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know.
Yeah explain that. You leave the track and Michelle comes over to yell at you. I got yelled the same day as you. But then she is out on the track with not ONE, but TWO passengers! In a STANG no less.

Oh yeah....HI MICHELLE!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I was fun, first two session were fun. On 4 different occasions at the end of the front straight my foot slipped off the brake pedal. It made for a fun turn in, then the active handleing/traction control/abs lights kept coming on through out the sessions. I couldn't/wouldn't run too hard, plus the tires felt slippery around a few turns. At one point I wqent sideways through the motorcycle esses, I counter steer and just know that when it finally hooks, its going to snap around and I'll be in a spin. Well, when the front tires grabbed I was already parallell with the track and I came out of it fine. I get back to the garage, and my tires only went up 2lbs. They normally go up 8-10, so I play with the pressure, and next session eveything is good. First session after lunch, on the warm up,I get over the blind hill, brake and crack a rotor. I get back to my truck and realise that my spare rotors are sitting on my garage floor, so I was done for the day. But it was fun, well run, and the time you get on track with these guys is outstanding. Michelle is great.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

You know, George...There were other Corvette guys there that you could have asked to see if they had a spare rotor to use.....Hint, hint....
Old 11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

I think all my smack talk about getting yelled at came back to bite me.....In the first afternoon session I got black flagged so I pitted thinking there was something hanging off my car.

Michelle and Terry told me I was pulled off for going "one wheel off in Turn 12". I wasn't even close to having any wheels off all day and certainly not in Turn 12 (the slowest turn on the track).

Oh well, I think I'm getting a bad rep. Maybe the flaggers read the CF boards too.

Other than that it was a great day, that guy in the orange classic Mustang really knows how to hustle that thing around the track!

Get notified of new replies

To Track Time 4 Cars - November Events

Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I think all my smack talk about getting yelled at came back to bite me.....In the first afternoon session I got black flagged so I pitted thinking there was something hanging off my car.

Michelle and Terry told me I was pulled off for going "one wheel off in Turn 12". I wasn't even close to having any wheels off all day and certainly not in Turn 12 (the slowest turn on the track).

Oh well, I think I'm getting a bad rep. Maybe the flaggers read the CF boards too.

Other than that it was a great day, that guy in the orange classic Mustang really knows how to hustle that thing around the track!
I think it was because of the burnout in front of Terry

BTW _ I also got a small talking to for what they thought was passing without a point by. I stated there was a point by, but its not my fault that others did not see the guy in a gray car with gray gloves doing a point by by resting his hand on his roof

Overall a great day. Corvettes really dominated yesterday.

My car hooked up well yesterday and with 23 track days this year I finally got pretty dam good at heel/toe rev matching which gave me more confidence. I did have some good instruction at WGI at the beginning of the week which made me sacrifice some turn in speed to increase my exiting speed. This was evident on the front straight when I realized I could hit 160s if I had big enough ballz. Of course I didnt and settled for mid to upper 150s on a few of my fast laps. I also got to work on my trail braking (thanks to Bondurant for forcing it on me ) into the chicane which helped my lap times.

I cant thanks ECS enough for building me a reliable car that has gobs of power which is manageable do to the entire setup. My car is now going for its winter checkup which I will make a few changes and be ready for next year.

On a different note - I did go over and have a talk about how come there was not a debris flag on Turn one after the Yellow flag. About 1/2 way down the front straight I happen to see the corner worker putting the Yellow flag away. I slowed down and turned into turn 1 at about 25 mph slower than usual. I guess it was a gut feeling that something was not right, but lucky I did because across the entire track was sand and small pebbles. My car hit the pebbles and went straight to almost off the track.

Overall a very good season....

Old 11-04-2008, 10:02 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS

On a different note - I did go over and have a talk about how come there was not a debris flag on Turn one after the Yellow flag. About 1/2 way down the front straight I happen to see the corner worker putting the Yellow flag away. I slowed down and turned into turn 1 at about 25 mph slower than usual. I guess it was a gut feeling that something was not right, but lucky I did because across the entire track was sand and small pebbles. My car hit the pebbles and went straight to almost off the track.

They did put the debris flag out, but it was not very visible (it was right at turn one on the inside by the pit out road), and he only had it out for a lap or two. I was directly behind that old rusty BMW when he spun in EVERY direction in T1, eventually spitting rocks, sand, dirt, cones, and BMW emblems all over the track.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
I think it was because of the burnout in front of Terry

BTW _ I also got a small talking to for what they thought was passing without a point by. I stated there was a point by, but its not my fault that others did not see the guy in a gray car with gray gloves doing a point by by resting his hand on his roof

Oh yeah i forgot about the burn out....what, is that not good? Now I know!

I know the car you are talking about, you could barely see his glove and on top of that he was putting his hand IN FRONT of his roof rack making it even harder to see him. (wait a second...a roof rack? )

Quick Reply: Track Time 4 Cars - November Events