Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a re good cold/hot pressures for stock C6 Z06 RFs for HPDE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default What a re good cold/hot pressures for stock C6 Z06 RFs for HPDE?

Considering doing an HPDE on GY RFs. Anyone recommend a starting pressure and ideal pressure when hot and with factory alignments?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:03 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Recently did an hpde at putnam park. Started the first day with cold temps about 32. gradually bled off air over 2 days as track and tires heated up. My neighbor running c6z06 like me was on Michelins, and kept telling me to run 26 in fronts, and 28 in rears. He corded one of the fronts before the day was through. I felt like my best laps were in afternoons and tires at about 29 in fronts and 30 in rears. When I went lower, it seemed the tires got greasy. What tread depths are you starting out with? jERRY
Old 10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I would think low 30's starting out..but ultimately with the RF design you really won't notice much difference in grip/ride quality.

Its the R-compound tires that are very tempermental to PSI swings.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Lan.Jet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jstout
Recently did an hpde at putnam park. Started the first day with cold temps about 32. gradually bled off air over 2 days as track and tires heated up. My neighbor running c6z06 like me was on Michelins, and kept telling me to run 26 in fronts, and 28 in rears. He corded one of the fronts before the day was through. I felt like my best laps were in afternoons and tires at about 29 in fronts and 30 in rears. When I went lower, it seemed the tires got greasy. What tread depths are you starting out with? jERRY

I run the 29/30 works good.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Chalky
Considering doing an HPDE on GY RFs. Anyone recommend a starting pressure and ideal pressure when hot and with factory alignments?
I generally start with 30 front and 28 rear and may move down as low as 28F/26R depending on ambient temps. I would not run higher rear than front, even all the way would be better. During the day I keep bleeding out air to keep the pressure at the desired level. I do this for both my 06 Z06 on Michelin non run flats, on my C5 Goodyear GS-D3 non run flats and same when I have run the C5 with Michelin runflats.

For a ZR1 you definitely want 28/26 which is what we did at Putnam.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by jstout
Basically new tires. Low mileage 08 Z.

Get notified of new replies

To What a re good cold/hot pressures for stock C6 Z06 RFs for HPDE?

Quick Reply: What a re good cold/hot pressures for stock C6 Z06 RFs for HPDE?