Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kumho Ecsta V70A feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:36 AM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

trackboss - don't be disappointed by what you hear. If you don't do a back to back comparison, there are too many variables that change your lap times. JRL might think the conditions where similar, but in all reality they could have been totally different and if you want a true comparison you have to start with new tires not old ones with multiple heat cycles.

JRL - a good driver improves as he gets more seat time, you don't think your driving could have contributed to the better lap times?

You can't compare apples to oranges, as is the case with an A6 soft compound to a V700 hard compound. trackboss can't run Hoosier's in his class so why even compare the two?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
JRL
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default V700

sgsvette,

I wasn't saying that my data was accurate, just trying to help out.
He stated that he ran R6's at that track, I have run both A6's and V700's there. Not apples and apples but some good data. Obviously, conditions could have different, but tempatures were similar and the events were within 2 weeks of each other. I thought this info might be helpful to him.
Yes, i could have been driving better on Hoosiers, although, I 've done many laps at that track. The additional grip does give a driver confidence.

Track Boss,

I'll be at Infineon on Saturday only, but look forward to seeing you at future events.

JRL

Quick Reply: Kumho Ecsta V70A feedback