Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SKF bearings (C4) Where do I get them???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Pranav
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO
Sorry man, I don't have the car anymore so no way of looking at the markings.

As for the part number itself, when I was originally researching, I did find that there are multiple brands that use the BR930186 nomenclature so that alone doesn't prove anything.
Thanks for getting back to me; yeah I agree with you on the number.

The only things I have going for me are the perfect, overall physical match, the Korean supplier source, and the fact that the seller claimed them to be SKF.

Should be getting over to a NAPA this weekend to compare with what they have.

I've poured over tons of pictures of the different hubs out there; the SKFs are unique in shape/color.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

The SKF is indeed visually different than any others that I saw. If it looks the same, there is a very good chance it is. SKF rebrands a huge number of their products for various markets so it wouldn't be at all surprising if they had done it with these as well.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Pranav
4th Gear

Yep! Feeling pretty good about it, and if I have no luck, its $110 total.

I promise I won't threaten to sue you over bad advice and PM all the moderators about it
Old 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Pranav
4th Gear

Went to my local NAPA store and compared their premium hubs to my mystery SKF "NOS" ILJIN-made hubs, and found the following:

1. I asked to look at their premium $219/pop hub, they handed me an SKF box
2. The SKF box clearly said "made in Korea" on the side
3. My ILJIN hubs are the exact same as the SKF Hubs down to the machine marks all over the body and the wheel studs

So that answers that, I have SKF hubs and you can get them at NAPA with a 3yr warranty for $219 each, or online for $160 each.

Only thing left to figure out is how long they'll last on the front of my F-body...

Quick Reply: SKF bearings (C4) Where do I get them???