Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Kerry's office manager's name is Winnie and here is the office number: (717) 232-8237
Old 03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gbvette62
Gee Kerry, do either of these cars look familiar to you?

WOW! They sure do!

Those first two of the #84 are of the Corvette that we ran in SCCA ASR (A sports racing) in 1984. We Qualified and went to the SCCA champoinship runoffs with it. I think we finished 6th overall. We had a severe oil pressure issue and I had to cost through several of the hard high speed turns. It ended up being a broken oil pick up in the dry sump tank. The car was a cross ram fuel injected 454. It was a rocket from corner to corner.The chassis and running gear of that car is actually the Greenwood "Spirit of LeMans" that was run in 1976. It did 227 MPH on the Mulsanne straight.

The people in the Picture from left to right, Lynn Powell who was one of my best friends. Lynn was a brillant machinest who helped design and build the suspension on several of our cars. He passed away from the big "C" about 15 years ago. The guy on the right is Brian McGlennigan who worked for me at the time. and that skinny guy in the center is me...Gee...I don't remember ever being that skinny.

When GM racing gave the C4 bodywork to us to develop for Trans Am, we discovered that we could actually convert C3 Corvettes to the updated bodywork. We designed a new front suspension, converted to a steering rack, and changed the wheelbase to the C4 specifactions. We sold it as a kit along with the bodywork. I think that we built about a dozen kits. I did however save all the parts from the LeMans car and when I needed money to build my next tube frame Trans Am car I sold it to Paul Canary who restored it (thank goodness)and sold it to a collector. It is certainly a piece of racing history.

I sure wish I had it today. At the time it was just last years race car and I needed the newer and better stuff to compete.

The # 19 was the newer and better stuff! it is a tube frame car we built entirely in our shop. It was the first car we designed and built from scratch. We did ok but we just didn't have the budget to complete the way we would have liked to. We were however respectable!

I recently found the 19 car and bought it back. It has had quite a few owners and it was converted to a C5 and run in GT1. I intend to restore it to the original C4 and run it in SVRA and HSR. It isn't the LeMans car but it has a bucket load of racing history and I believe still holds some hillclimb records.

For what it's worth, I am planning to reporduce the LeMans car too. It was owned by Rick Mancuso and has an extensive racing history.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Hex$cyn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACP CF Hood - Thank you

I just had to share it since I get so many compliments on it almost daily. Seriously the quality of work and the finished results are worth every penny I spent and any time someone asks me what I think about it I just tell them look at it. The work speaks for its self. You guys did an amazing job and I just wanted to say Thanks and I look forward to buying more here in the future.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Hex$cyn; 03-27-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:25 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

awesome.... me want.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Now...if you would only do this for a C4:

Old 02-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Pfew ... Kerry's last forum post was on March 12, 2011, he must have been busy day and night the last three years!

Kerry, hope you can chime in, because I saw your carbon fiber A-pillar parts in this post, and I cannot find these on your website - see also the attached picture.
How much are you asking and how can I order these from you?

Thanks in advance,

Ronald
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2018, 01:05 PM
YNOT85
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bringing this back from the dead. Are those the a pillar extensions that are listed on acp's site? I'd like FG ones colormatched. Also, for those with the 1/2 bumper, if it were to be installed without an undertray, will there be excessive pressure/stress on it? My car is just a street car, I just love the look of this piece.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:58 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Kerry is/was racing a Cadillac in vintage. I ran into him at CoTA at the SVRA runoffs in 2015 and said "HI!".
Kerry I hope y'all are still doing well. Please let us hear from you:-)
Garrett
Old 08-12-2018, 02:28 PM
REVHARD
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Kerry is/was racing a Cadillac in vintage. I ran into him at CoTA at the SVRA runoffs in 2015 and said "HI!".
Kerry I hope y'all are still doing well. Please let us hear from you:-)
Garrett
I've actually called 4 times in the last 3 weeks with some questions. Nobody has picked up the phone. 2 months or so prior, I called and spoke to Winnie I believe. She was very sweet and helpful but no luck since? Is the norm to just leave a message and wait for a return call?
Old 08-12-2018, 06:36 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Kerry is running TransAm, driving his CTSV..... as recently as Aug 1th, Mid Ohio.
If you PM me, I'll give you Kerry's email.

Quick Reply: Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)