Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On Speed TV this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
threewinmag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On Speed TV this weekend

For those of you who are bored this weekend:

On Speed, this Saturday, January 2nd, the Germans are running at Zandvoort at 12:00 p.m. eastern and the British are running at Oulton Park at 1:00 p.m. eastern.

On Speed, this Sunday, January 3rd, the Historic Monterrey races at 1:00 p.m., and the Jetta TDI cup cars are running at New Jersey at 6:00 p.m. and Road America at 6:30 p.m. All times are Eastern.

Happy viewing!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 284 Likes on 200 Posts

Thanks for the heads up:-)
Old 01-04-2010, 02:32 PM
cire96
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by threewinmag
For those of you who are bored this weekend:

On Speed, this Saturday, January 2nd, the Germans are running at Zandvoort at 12:00 p.m. eastern and the British are running at Oulton Park at 1:00 p.m. eastern.

On Speed, this Sunday, January 3rd, the Historic Monterrey races at 1:00 p.m., at 6:30 p.m. All times are Eastern.

Happy viewing!

Interesting juxtapositioning of what was undoubtably the absolute best road race coverage I've ever seen (Monterrey) and about the worst (Oulton). The Monterrey coverage used extensive in car camera footage to bring the viewer into the cockpit while the Oulton coverage was done with almost no in car shots and tons of the typically disjointed long shots (with telephotos) that give little idea of the track's layout, or the drama of the race.

Why race coverage video directors seem to regard the in car shot as a medium to be used sparingly and the long shot to be used 95% of the time befuddles me. I can only conclude that the directors of these programs have no idea what racing is about.
Cire
Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

All I saw when I clicked over was Barrett Jackson
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
threewinmag
Racer

That's too bad because you missed good racing in the rain at Road Atlanta on Sunday.

Get notified of new replies

To On Speed TV this weekend

Quick Reply: On Speed TV this weekend