Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larger Fuel pump needed for 600-620ish rwhp on 99 FRC...All Motor 442ci LS7

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Larger Fuel pump needed for 600-620ish rwhp on 99 FRC...All Motor 442ci LS7

The car is getting a 442ci LS7. 102mm throttle body, Fast 102mm intake, ported LS7 heads, ect...It should make about 590-620rwhp so about 700 or a bit more at the motor. It's going to be an ALL MOTOR setup run on pump gas. Compression is going to be about 11.9:1.

Being a 99 I have the returnless fuel system. I tried reading through as many fuel pump threads I could on here but still am trying to figure out what to do. I don't really want to create a return system and I don't really want to do a dual pump system. I want to keep it as simple as possible yet still deliver enough fuel.

I think we need something that flows 340LPH+.

What pump do you guys recommend for this build? If I go with a big single pump Bosch, Walboro, racetronix, ect... would I need to add a voltage booster of some brand in order to flow enough fuel to support that horsepower or could I simple just put in a big single pump?

I found this thread and thought that the 2nd or 3rd pump down might work but wasn't sure:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...lications.html

However would those pumps need something like the MSD voltage booster and if so does the MSD work or what voltage booster would you guys recommend for the pump.

Thanks for any advice/input you guys can offer. There is sooooo much info on this forum so hopefully you guys can help me out.

-Eric

Quick Reply: Larger Fuel pump needed for 600-620ish rwhp on 99 FRC...All Motor 442ci LS7