Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey Krause lapbelt kits - how is your tunnel side done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 AM
iced98lx
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brey Krause lapbelt kits - how is your tunnel side done?

I put mine in, and have to take the seats out to re-do the tunnel side (the one that mounts on the seat belt bolt on the seat). I bought my bar and harness setup used (still fresh) but didn't find any good images of how to get it so I can get the sub belt and the lap belt clipped and unclipped. Do you guys ever unclip these things? The lap belts as it sits (and for both on the door side) are easy as pie, but how the heck do you position the other side to be easy to put on/remove when the slots are in an L arrangement?

Mostly, any photos of a six point snapped onto a brey krause lapmount setup?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may come downto the seat you are using. I have used it with both the stock C5ZO6 seat and the Caravaggio race seat and did not have any issues. I had mine set up so it was postion like the OEM belt was.

Last edited by beerkat; 03-17-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 AM
iced98lx
Drifting

looks like I've just got mine flipped over, this is on a stock seat. Mine the lower belt in your photo would have to be pointing towards the tunnel..

thank you sir, I appreciate the photo!!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by beerkat
It may come downto the seat you are using. I have used it with both the stock C5ZO6 seat and the Caravaggio race seat and did not have any issues. I had mine set up so it was postion like the OEM belt was.

That is how I did mine. Although I would recommend you do something that I didn't do and the picture shows wasn't done as well. Use safety pins in the holes to keep the clips closed. I had one come loose due to the way the belt was twisted.

Bill
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
iced98lx
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
That is how I did mine. Although I would recommend you do something that I didn't do and the picture shows wasn't done as well. Use safety pins in the holes to keep the clips closed. I had one come loose due to the way the belt was twisted.

Bill
Thanks for the tip, I did grab a set of pins for next weekend. are your mount holes above or below the seatbelt connector?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bill I wonder what they were for.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by iced98lx
Thanks for the tip, I did grab a set of pins for next weekend. are your mount holes above or below the seatbelt connector?
Its been a while since I had that setup in my car. I think the BK arm was below (forward of) the stock seat belt receiver. The stock one has a tab on it that keeps it from moving much and I wanted to use the stock belts when driving on the street so I made sure BK bar would push down out of the way.

As part of the kit you should have gotten a small collar that goes inside the big end of the BK bar and allows it to move around on the stock belt bolt.

Bill
Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM
iced98lx
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
As part of the kit you should have gotten a small collar that goes inside the big end of the BK bar and allows it to move around on the stock belt bolt.

Bill

Yea, I got mine used, and a few pieces were not present despite advertising, imagine my surprise for example when I was looking for upper seat belt bolts for the bar itself as those were also missing from the setup. I couldn't make those stock ones work for the life of me.. I just need to rotate the bracket 180 degrees and i'll be in good shape, thanks for all the help!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I got the BK used as well. It was missing all the necessary bolts for the cross bar, and i was pissed. had an event and had to have the parts overnighted! Wasn't I more pissed when I found out it was 45 mins north of my OFFICE and I could have just driven up there!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

hey of the 2 holes, which do you use for the lap? 6 point? i have had people tell me different then I use and their set up didnt make sense but made me question how i do it!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
iced98lx
Drifting

horizontal slot for the dual sub belt (so the belt lays flat on the seat under you legs) and the one that runs vertical for the lap belt so it's not twisting to go over you.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

yup thats how i do it :-)
Old 03-18-2010, 10:42 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by beerkat

, picture perfect.

Get notified of new replies

To Brey Krause lapbelt kits - how is your tunnel side done?

Quick Reply: Brey Krause lapbelt kits - how is your tunnel side done?