Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: The Ultimate Tire Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:45 PM
flycastinguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: The Ultimate Tire Trailer

THE TRAILER HAS BEEN SOLD. Now being pulled by a sharp red C-6 out of North Carolina. Thanks, Randy!

Well, the car has sold, and for those that have asked, the trailer is now available. This is a 4x8 pull-behind tire trailer that began life last year as a Carry On from Tractor Supply. Capacity is 1980 pounds with three high speed tires/wheels, 4.8 -12, 5 lug pattern. A diamond plate deck was added along with diamond plate front storage box and 5-drawer tool box in the rear. Your 4 track tires and trailer spare are secured by vertical pipes with threaded end caps. Rolls around the paddock or driveway easily with the tongue mounted roller jack. Also included is the trailer hitch off my C5Z and the receiver with 1-7/8" ball. A complete package ready to hook to your C5 and pull at 80 mph plus like it ain't even there (pardon the cliche.) Sorry, the hitch will not fit a C6.

This setup is one year old and everything was done with new parts and components. Counting the hitch, I have over $1,500 invested (ouch!) I'm asking $950 ... a lot of money for a tire trailer, but it easily hauls everything you need for the weekend and is high on style points.

You can contact me direct if you like at 770-386-7244 or bob@wheelercom.net. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Trailer as available for sale.

Trailer packed and ready to head to the track. It carries 4 305/18 Toyo's, trailer spare, aluminum jack, 4 jack stands, Matco impact gun, spare parts, fluids, air tank, EasyUp canopy, 3 canvas chairs, 4' folding table, cooler, and 5 drawers full of hand tools. Everything has a place ....

Last edited by flycastinguy; 04-04-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: New info
Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Anybody looking for a tire trailer, this is a heck of a deal, especially with the spare wheel, hitch and receiver. I cheaped out last year and got a trailer kit from Harbor Freight. At the time it seemed like an inexpensive way to get my tires to the track but it turned out to be something of a boondoggle. I spent far more money getting the trailer licensed in Pennsylvania than I ever dreamed of. Because it was a kit, I had to jump through all kinds of hoops: expensive inspection (Joe's automotive down the street isn't allowed to do the inspection, only 'special' stations can do it), weighing in, title costs, license costs, time, etc. In sum total I spent upwards of $500 on the trailer alone along with lots of frustration and most of the season before I got my plates. Add in the hitch and spare and I spent almost as much as this one for a trailer that is no where near as nice. If I'd known then what I know now I'd be heading to Georgia to pick this one up.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C5 hitches do no fit C6s. I had one on my C5 and needed a different one for my C6.

Really sharp trailer!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Originally Posted by bobmoore2
C5 hitches do no fit C6s. I had one on my C5 and needed a different one for my C6.

Really sharp trailer!
Thanks for the input on this. I was afraid that might be the case. Just as an aside, the trailer has turned far more heads at the track than my car. I really did spend a lot of time thinking it through before I started building.

Bob
Old 03-24-2010, 09:01 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

I've already got my wheel trailer, nothing as nice as this! Someone is going to get a deal!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to find someone to bring this piece to Los Angeles any suggestions
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Originally Posted by Cloaked
I have to find someone to bring this piece to Los Angeles any suggestions
Too expensive to get to LA, so still looking for a new home.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:27 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Car is gone, wheels and tires are gone, trailer sits all by itself and looking for a new pull to the track. Make me an offer!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Pylons
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome trailer...I used to use one (pre-vette) that I built based on a Harbor freight utility trailer...it worked fine, but this one is waaaaay better.

I'll cross-post this on an autox forum I frequent...someone will want it
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think a pair of 345s on 13" CCWs and a pair of 305s on 11" wide CCWs would fit on the posts? on one post mix them of course
Old 05-09-2010, 10:30 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Originally Posted by drivinfast
Do you think a pair of 345s on 13" CCWs and a pair of 305s on 11" wide CCWs would fit on the posts? on one post mix them of course
The beauty of the posts is that they are just threaded galvanized pipe. For a wider wheel/tire just visit Home Depot and have a longer pipe threaded at both ends. One end screws to plates on the trailer, the other end takes the retaining caps. For a taller wheel, the base plates may need to be relocated, but there's plenty of room to do so.

Still available guys. I don't watch the board much these days, so PM me if interested. Thanks!

Bob
Old 03-27-2011, 06:50 PM
flycastinguy
Racer

Well, I thought I may be able to replace the car this season, so I turned down a couple of offers on the trailer this winter. But a new ride just ain't in the cards this year, so the trailer is available again. Over $1,500 to build as it sits including the C-5 hitch. For sale again at $950.

Bob
Old 03-27-2011, 09:19 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice trailer! No one ever bugged you about the plate mounting?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:43 AM
Vogie
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Put it on the drag race section of this forum as well. Maybe you can find a drag racer that needs it. Great little trailer. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
flycastinguy
Racer

Originally Posted by Vogie
Put it on the drag race section of this forum as well. Maybe you can find a drag racer that needs it. Great little trailer. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip. I'll do that right now.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: The Ultimate Tire Trailer

Quick Reply: FS: The Ultimate Tire Trailer