Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asphalt Ventures at VIR Sunday and today

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
DansBlkonBlkZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asphalt Ventures at VIR Sunday and today

Asphalt Ventures put on another awesome event at VIR today and yesterday. Yesterday was Patriot Course and skid pad runs Today was Full Course with plenty of track time for all. The one hour session wore me out. I had great in car instruction and got some good experience with trail braking and proper weight transfer by throttle lifts and left foot braking. I was amazed at how the Z06 responds to these techniques. These guys put on top notch track events with professional in class instruction that is second to none.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:22 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

That was definitely a lot of track time today. I tried to split into 2 25 min session when I could. Just too much fun. I don't remember seeing any black Zs in the solo lapping group? Were you in something else? Saw a silver frc who wasn't stock, cause I'm not and we were dead even down the backstretch. I had track pads and I don't think he did. That first session at 25* was COLD! I had to come in after 20 min as my hands were frozen. Thawed them out and put on my mechanics gloves. When store opened, I bought me an early Christmas gift.

I was really impressed with the R888s. Not much of a drop off between 30*s and 50*s. They seem to stick all day. Best $280 I have spent lately. Can't wait to try them out at 80*s. Got to try some different shock settings(Pfadt adjs) and different air pressures. R888s do not like the low (34lbs hot) stuff.

I would have like to have done the Sunday stuff with skidpad, but maybe next year.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
DansBlkonBlkZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the intermediate group. My Nitto NT-01s had so much ice on them they looked like powdered doughnuts. I just left them in the truck. I kept my NT-05s on from the skid pad runs the day before. They had good grip all day. What color vette was yours? Did you see the red vette with the supercharger in the intermediate group. He passed me on the backstretch like I was standing still and I was doing about 135 when he came by me. The all wheel drive supercharged Subaru's out there were fast too. My instructor called them "Cheater Cars".
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Glad you two had fun this weekend.

Dan,

Always a joy to weigh down your passenger seat.

You guys will probably enjoy this: http://www.vimeo.com/17365431

-Kevin
Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

That looked like a lot of work driving that thing. But it was cool. I saw it on the track, but I tried to stay away from it as I didn't want to be on youtube getting passed by Lamont.

I missed the sc'd red vette. I remember when I had the sc, it was a blast on the backstretch, until it blew up.

Get notified of new replies

To Asphalt Ventures at VIR Sunday and today

Quick Reply: Asphalt Ventures at VIR Sunday and today