Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat shopping Cobra Imola see like a great fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:09 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat shopping Cobra Imola see like a great fit

I went to HMS Motorsports today and test every seat and felt the Cobra Imola is a good fit for both track and and around town. Anyone have experience with mounts and attaching our 3 point? I have a 2007 3lt any advise on connections to bypass electronics airbag, telescope wheel?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fennerhillpro
I went to HMS Motorsports today and test every seat and felt the Cobra Imola is a good fit for both track and and around town. Anyone have experience with mounts and attaching our 3 point? I have a 2007 3lt any advise on connections to bypass electronics airbag, telescope wheel?
Cobra makes a really nice seat. I was considering the Imola...but, ended up getting the Suzuka because it was more cumfortable for me. I also prefered the added support in the leg area. I was concerned that the high sides would make it very difficult to get in and out of the seat....but, it is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Regarding brackets and wiring, I would contact Dan at Vetteworks. Dan has a modification that he does to the Arizen mount that will allow the use of the standard seat belt (although I am not sure that using the stock belt is a good idea with a racing seat. The electronics are a bit of a PITA. How important is the use of memmory and telescoping wheel? If you want it, the cheepest way to go is to remove the seat harness from your existing seat, including the memmory box, and add a set of Vetteworks airbag simulators. If you don't need to telescope the wheel you can buy a stock seat harness (one for now memmory /heat) for~$25 you can then add Vetteworks simulators to that harness. There are three things required (or required to be sumulated) to make the airbag light stay off. 1) there is a seat track postion sensor, 2) seat airbag, 3) seatbelt pretensioner.

With all of that said.....racing seats do a great job of connecting you to the car;However, to do that they have very little padding so they aren't a very comfortable seat for driving around town.

Here are a few pictures of my seat installation.

Best of luck
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

I have the Cobra imola S seats in my Z. they are pretty comfotable - no complaints. one thing to consider is your height. I am 6ft and the seat would not fit on slide rails so they had to be mounted directly to the car itself. That is not a problem for me as i am the only driver - just food for thought.

Otherwise I really like the seats
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Great have you done long trips with them?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

My car is mainly a DE/time trial car but the longest trip I have done is maybe 30 - 45 min on the street. No issues at all with comfort. The only thing bad I can say is getting in and out of the car is not as convenient as the stock seats but really not a big deal, that is a matter of opinion. if you do mount the seat directly hardbar makes some real nice brackets.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat shopping Cobra Imola see like a great fit

Quick Reply: Seat shopping Cobra Imola see like a great fit