Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro Hero2 WIFI remote

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:42 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Default GoPro Hero2 WIFI remote

For those of you that have the GoPro Hero2! The new WIFI remote works great. It shows everything that is on the front of the camera and allows you to totally control the camera from the remote. Plus they are coming with a APP that will allow you to stream the video to other things and you will be able to operate the camera from your Smart Phone also. I have the camera mounted on the inside of the windshield and its a pain to reach the camera and tell if it is on and operating OK. Now I use the remote and just drop it in the cup holder and when I come off track, just pick up the remote and turn off the video as well as the camera. It also operates the camera from 60 to 70 feet away, so you can mount the camera anywhere on the car and operate it and know if it is running and in what mode. I considered buying the Traqmate GoPro controller? But went this way since you still have to sync the video's with Traqstudio.
Note: the remote works with the Hero HD but it only does a few things and isn't near as effective as with the Hero2
Just thought I would pass this along for those that are interested. JD

Last edited by JDIllon; 07-24-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks, it's tough to get any real information of the Go Pro web site on the new remote.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Last C5
Thanks, it's tough to get any real information of the Go Pro web site on the new remote.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

cool is it released yet?

edit http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/ 99 bucks not bad.

Last edited by John Shiels; 07-24-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GoPro Hero2 WIFI remote

Quick Reply: GoPro Hero2 WIFI remote