Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default ABS and tire sizes

The last event of my season is coming up and my stock of Hoosier R6's is near depletion. I had this all figured out - my last two events were to be on 315/30-R18 (F) and 345/30-R18 (R). Unfortunately, the 345's were heat cycled out and were as hard as rocks. I have one pair of 335/30-18R's with some life left in the them but they are the same diameter (25.6 in) as the 315's. Am I going to have an ABS problem with this setup? Fronts and rears will be the same diameter.

Jim
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

You'll likely have AH/TC problems if you leave them on. Turn them off and it shouldn't matter.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Thanks Jason,
I knew about about AH & Traction Control. I'm OK with those off. I just could not remember about ABS and got tired of searching for that one thread that had a good discussion on these three system. From a logic point of view, I guess it's OK since the rear tires will be turning slightly faster than expected (as compared to OEM sizes)?

Jim
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I run the square set up and usually run with the AH/TC off. But if I forget to turn it off, it reminds me around 135mph that I forgot.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Originally Posted by waddisme
I run the square set up and usually run with the AH/TC off. But if I forget to turn it off, it reminds me around 135mph that I forgot.
Are you going to have your car ready for VIR on Nov 12-13?

Jim
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Not going to make it. Heads come off tomorrow, off to machine shop Tues, hopefully done by Fri, back on by Sat and then car is off to shop to pull oil pan to find missing metal pieces. Don't even think I am going to make Daytona this year. I may just start early doing winter stuff - installing poly ctrl arm bushings, fixing accusump, repl ac evaporator (approx 15 hrs for that) and installing wing and splitter.

Have fun at VIR.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS and tire sizes

Quick Reply: ABS and tire sizes