Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improvements to 09 and then '12 active handling?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Improvements to 09 and then '12 active handling?

I'm thinking of getting another z06. My c5z was great in the handling dpt. my 08 i loved, but 3 systems were so crappy that i sold it:

The active handling, even with the button turned supposedly completely off, still has vehicle stability enhancement, dynamic rear proportioning, and engine drag control. These three systems cannot be disabled with the button and prohibit effective driving on tight tracks. They keep throttle open when you lift, preventing proper turn in. They reduce rear brake pressure, preventing proper turn in. And they induce front brake action, preventing proper turn in. On big tracks, the tuning is not completely prohibitive, but short tracks and autocross are terrible.

My 08 and an 07 i drove were like this.

My question is, i understand the 09's have new programming, and the '12 up have a whole new system.

I would love some input on how much better the 09/12's are for low speed turns where you want brakes and engine torque to help the car generate the proper rear slip angle on turn in. Any input will really help my buying decision and is appreciated.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Quick Reply: Improvements to 09 and then '12 active handling?