Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L G Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 776 Likes on 469 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Default L G Motorsports

So, how 'bout a rundown on St. Pete. What broke, what did you learn about the cars, etc.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by F4Gary
So, how 'bout a rundown on St. Pete. What broke, what did you learn about the cars, etc.
Hi guys,

This was about as bad of a weekend racing that we have had in a long time.

Camaro GTS car (LS3 with a single 1.6" restrictor size) and weigh 3400 pounds race weight.

First session, we were the fastest Camaro, which was our goal. BUT from that point on we had mostly MOTEC Computer problems. We got the wiring harness from a vendor in Florida which was sub par to say the least. He had so many things wrong that I will mention just a couple. The fly by wire throttle set up was off to the point that the PCM went into Reduced engine power, thinking we had a stuck throttle.
Then next we had the fuel pump controller go bad and had to run the pump full time at 85 psi which would have been ok using the O2 sensors to lean out the mixture but the wiring guy had the sensors pinned out so they were mixed up. They were wired on the wrong side so we ended up with a bank split that totally richened up one side and leaned out the other side.

We chassis dyno'd the car on return and lost 45 rear wheel hp.

I would give us an "incomplete" on our first outing because a couple days of hard testing would have found all these problems.

We will be heading to Long Beach in 2 weeks with the wiring problems taken care of that we can fix until we can get another complete engine harness from another supplier.

The in race issues were all about running in the back of the pack with cars that we should never have been racing with. I got pushed around and hit like I was a "pinball" but in the end, I got blocked in the second race and bumped the guy on the way into 1 and when he came across my nose, the left front suspension arm broke on contact.

Of course SCCA said it was "Avoidable Contact" and fined me $1000 and took away 20 points. I think I was a negative 1 for the second race.

Right now, the rules favor the Porsche and Acura, so all we can hope to strive for is to be the fastest Camaro at Long Beach. That is our goal.

THE CORVETTE in GT-- Our guy Tomy Drissi, finished 8th but in the process, he hit just about everything that was on track. in addition, when he bashed the nose, he cut off air flow to the radiator and overheated the engine.

The Corvette has to run a LS3 with a single 1.78" restrictor and weigh 3200 pounds race weight without fuel, with driver.

Tomy did well on Restarts but faded quickly. he has sponsorship from the Hollywood Movie Studios. He had "the internship" sponsor at St Pete and he will have "The Epic" movie sponsor at Long beach.

Sorry for the delay in posting the race results but as you can see, we didn't want to re-live it so soon.

Thanks and See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Better luck next time guys! Sounds too familiar to me....no test time and problems at the track...hehe...for me it is due to the large budget constraints these days....sigh...
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Sorry to hear about the issues guys. Sound like you know what the problems are and will have them sorted for the next race so you can run up front where you belong.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi guys,

Right now, the rules favor the Porsche and Acura, so all we can hope to strive for is to be the fastest Camaro at Long Beach. That is our goal.

Lou Gigliotti
A Camaro had the pole for race 1 and finished 2nd. In race 2 Camaro started 2nd and finished 2nd. From where I sit they look to be competitive.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 776 Likes on 469 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Thanks for the update Lou. Hope you get it sorted out for the next race.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Sorry to hear, hope you get through the initial issues and sort things out ASAP
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by RX7 KLR
A Camaro had the pole for race 1 and finished 2nd. In race 2 Camaro started 2nd and finished 2nd. From where I sit they look to be competitive.
From where you sit you can't see the sandbagging.

LG
Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
From where you sit you can't see the sandbagging.

LG
Well you should stop then, because the other Camaro guys don't seem to be doing it.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RX7 KLR
Well you should stop then, because the other Camaro guys don't seem to be doing it.

This has the potential to get very interesting.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jcosta79
This has the potential to get very interesting.

Well come on its just silly to make the claim that the rules are stacked against him when he has run one race.

Last year Andy Lee won the most races (4) in GTS driving a Camaro, and finished second in the points - and he was a rookie. Then he starts this season off with a pole and a 2nd at St. Pete. Black Dog also put a Camaro on the podium at St. Pete.

If you had an off weekend fine, but don't claim the deck is stacked against you when other guys are playing the same hand and are competitive.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Mr. Gigliotti was out at MSR Cresson this past Saturday with the Camaro and was kind enough to stop by the classroom part of the Brazos River Corvette Club track event that my wife, father and I attended. Thank you for stopping by and giving us those awesome posters (soon to be framed and hanging in my office)!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:35 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
Mr. Gigliotti was out at MSR Cresson this past Saturday with the Camaro and was kind enough to stop by the classroom part of the Brazos River Corvette Club track event that my wife, father and I attended. Thank you for stopping by and giving us those awesome posters (soon to be framed and hanging in my office)!
Yep! thanks Lou

Get notified of new replies

To L G Motorsports

Quick Reply: L G Motorsports