Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a revolting Development this is.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Default What a revolting Development this is.....

Have track days on Monday and Tuesday. I was installing my racing seats when I found a mouse had eaten one of my lap belts. Guess I will be running with the stock seats. Should have checked the belts before I installed the seat.

Blahh

Bill
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

Blech!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey at least you know they got a quality meal
Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Have track days on Monday and Tuesday. I was installing my racing seats when I found a mouse had eaten one of my lap belts. Guess I will be running with the stock seats. Should have checked the belts before I installed the seat.

Blahh

Bill
time for a big tin can
Old 06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

see if ya can borrow a friends belt who isnt going to event?? sucks as if at the glen without hans idk if i would feel safe or not.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Called a friend but he didn't call back until just a little while ago. Decided not to change over as I had already reinstalled the stock seat. Drove the Glen many times with just stock seats and a neck collar including 8 days earlier this year.

Big problem with the stock seat is the lack of shoulder support especially when running through the toe of the boot which throws your body back and to the left as you accelerate up the hill and around the corner. That turn is what forced me to go with the race seats in my C5. The stock seat back would fall backward almost every time I went around that turn. Nothing like using the steering wheel to keep from falling into the back of the car.

Every time I took it into the dealer they couldn't duplicate the problem so it never got
fixed.

With the stock seats all of the air bags should be operable so the need for a HANs should be reduced. Besides I will be spending at least 80 minutes per day in my in my student's car where I can't wear a HANs anyways.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To What a revolting Development this is.....

Quick Reply: What a revolting Development this is.....