Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed from racers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 AM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Advice needed from racers

Looks like it might be time to change plugs in race car. Looking for advice from those who have done this longer than me, what plugs do you recommend and what gap is needed? ( LS6 motor)
Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

John,

If you think you have a spark issue it's more than likely a wire than a plug. I would do both, then ohm out your old wires keep 4 as spares. (We use the AC Delco red wire replacements) I'd also add some heat socks if you don't already have them.
We just go with the standard run of the mill NGK TR5 for pump gas or TR6 if you are running race gas - gap to .40 they are cheap so you can buy two sets and have the extra on hand.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:17 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
John,

If you think you have a spark issue it's more than likely a wire than a plug. I would do both, then ohm out your old wires keep 4 as spares. (We use the AC Delco red wire replacements) I'd also add some heat socks if you don't already have them.
We just go with the standard run of the mill NGK TR5 for pump gas or TR6 if you are running race gas - gap to .40 they are cheap so you can buy two sets and have the extra on hand.
Thanks for the info

Get notified of new replies

To Advice needed from racers

Quick Reply: Advice needed from racers