Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk padletts 70f 60r cracking C6ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Hawk padletts 70f 60r cracking C6ZO6

Car has brake cooling, new pads bedded in to new rotors on street a month before 1st event. I was on stock runflats driving very easy and never drove more than 75%. it was a driver school and just helping out. When I pulled the pads and rotors a number of the padletts had a visible crack close to the backing plate. When not on the car they are stored in Hawks box with bubble wrap still in it.
Before I call Hawk next week if anyone has nhad the same problem please let me know and I will include that data point. I have access at work to some very good (NASA) inspection scopes with digital cameras
and I will post pictures next week.

If it has happened to you let me know and I will include in my data.

Thanks
John
Old 09-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Phoenix1911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What type of Hawks? If they were ceramic that might be the reason as they are not up to track duty. I run HP+, have 6 track days on them and there is plenty of meat left, no cracks etc. Now, I'm still learning the car and by no means as aggressive as some of my instructors are but I'm not exactly being kind to them either

Quick Reply: Hawk padletts 70f 60r cracking C6ZO6