Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Eforce or not to eforce for Autocross 2011GS?? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 10:31 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Default To Eforce or not to eforce for Autocross 2011GS?? Opinions?

I keep going back and forth with this...I have a 2011 GS Manual

I have become addicted to autocross. (first step is admitting the problem right?)I will also do an occasional HPDE as well.

I was originally going to throw a E Force 599 kit (I actually have two of them sitting in the garage, long story)

Anyway, As I continue to drive the car at the autocross, I realize that (more) power may not be really my friend for most autocross sessions as much as I could spend that money on NA upgrades/cooling/suspension/brakes/driver mods and yield the same or better times....

Do I love power- Of course.. I had an 800rwhp car that I never used on the track...

So my dilemma- Sell off the e force kits, and just work on the nut behind the wheel, and maybe swap some NA parts for a little kick? I have a full exhaust/intake now, and am 450-460 wheel as it sits.

Thoughts and opinions? I keep thinking the blower is going to keep costing me money to address things like heat soak, cooling , tranny/ clutch etc, and I could just beat the car to death NA with a lot of other "good" parts.

Thanks for your opinions
Old 09-22-2013, 11:47 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanKnight
I keep thinking the blower is going to keep costing me money to address things like heat soak, cooling , tranny/ clutch etc, and I could just beat the car to death NA with a lot of other "good" parts.
Sell the blowers and buy a good seat/harnesses and upgraded brake pads and cooling. You have enough power to be the fastest production car on the track right now. For auto-x, you don't need the extra power. My old C5 T1 car posts the fastest time of day all the time against 600 hp C6Z's. Same driver.

Quick Reply: To Eforce or not to eforce for Autocross 2011GS?? Opinions?