Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on where I can have my Koni double adjustables rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Red5
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Suggestions on where I can have my Koni double adjustables rebuilt?

They are the orange double adjustable shocks. They have seen a lot of use of the years. Wondering where I can get the best deal for having them rebuilt? I have the shock tests run when I had them revalved and would like to get them set as such.

Is Koni the only game in town?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Red5
They are the orange double adjustable shocks. They have seen a lot of use of the years. Wondering where I can get the best deal for having them rebuilt? I have the shock tests run when I had them revalved and would like to get them set as such.

Is Koni the only game in town?
Not sure if they still are (it's been a while since I've had Konis rebuilt/revalved), but Truechoice in the Columbus, Ohio area is an authorized Koni service center.

But they're not cheap.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Koni when I had mine rebuilt a couple of years ago was sloooooooow. It took them more than a 5 months to get them done.

I had also included express instructions that I wanted to talk to them about the valving before they did the work, I wanted to something slightly different than their "stock" valving..... Never got a call..

Only when I called them to tell them to just send them back did they say they were done... Never got a chance to spec the valving I wanted, and I also go a huge bill.

I wasn't happy at all..

I would call Pro Parts (not fast or cheap either), but based on my experience I would not use Koni... I would call first and make sure you know exactly what you want done and how much they expect you to pay for it...

As Dennis Grant has said "I have a love/hate relationship with Koni, love the shocks, hate that only a few places can rebuild them"...

I'm in the same boat..
Old 01-09-2014, 08:16 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I was thinking about Truechoice.

Richard Newton
Shocking Truth About Shocks

Last edited by rfn026; 01-09-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: sp
Old 01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Don Keefhardt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two choices -

SRP Engineering - aka Stimola Racing on Long Island. Talk to James or Nancy. Great people...THE race shock shop for racers.

Or

Truechoice (as already mentioned). Ask for Phil.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I've always had the best quality work from Koni USA. They even replaced my worn out piston assemblies in my Double D shocks for free, nice since the shortening and revolving work was about $1K in labor.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 AM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they are inverted, then they are the 3013's. They aren't really rebuildable. The body has to be cut apart and replaced. It is expensive to service them, so if you are considering an upgrade, now is a good time. The Konis are very durable so unless something is wrong, you don't gain much.

Get notified of new replies

To Suggestions on where I can have my Koni double adjustables rebuilt?

Quick Reply: Suggestions on where I can have my Koni double adjustables rebuilt?