Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reusable non permanent numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I tried static cling and found that they like to stick to themselves more than the door. I got them on the car the first time and they looked great. Bit, in taking them off the car they turned into a jumbled mess before I could get them onto the backing sheet. end up tossing them out.
Using static-cling numbers really depends on the thickness of the material used. Real thin material (like kitchen wrap) will certainly bunch up. My number set is thick enough that it won't do that. I can pull them off starting at a corner and they just stay flat.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
dale3guy
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone know of a place to get a static cling panel that includes three numbers and two class letters? For example, "390AS" all on one piece? Either a clear background or a solid background is fine. I would prefer applying one piece rather than individual pieces for autocross.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw a great idea posted locally. They are mainly into magnetics but they came out with a dry erase panel. Got me thinking you could probably just use a dry erase marker on the car and wipe it off after but I haven't tried it.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by dale3guy
Anyone know of a place to get a static cling panel that includes three numbers and two class letters? For example, "390AS" all on one piece? Either a clear background or a solid background is fine. I would prefer applying one piece rather than individual pieces for autocross.
I ordered 99ssp on a single panel. Let you know how it looks when i get them Wednesday. I didn't do static cling this time however, for the reasons mentioned above.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 AM
spro2395
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAK0UT
David Farmer on this site makes #'s that I take on and off all the time and they hold up great. I'd reach out to him.
How do we get a hold of him?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Solo Performance. I'll know next Saturday how well they stick to the car (or themselves). They are thicker material than my last set, so hopefully sticking to themselves and making a wrinkly mess will be less of an issue.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

I just got these magnetic numbers. Has anyone tried a light coat of hairspray or hobby adhesive to hold them on?

Something like this?

http://www.dickblick.com/products/kr...pray-adhesive/
Old 03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

My magnetic numbers were far too heavy to use hairspray on.

So, I used the numbers pictured above this weekend, and LOVED them. They are thick enough that they didn't crumble into a ball and stick to themselves when I peeled them off the backing, and went on the car with ease. They stuck to the car at speed and then at the end of the day they came off the car without wrinklinging up and went right back on the backing sheet. the backing sheet is much larger than the decals so that I had no problems putting the decals back on, even though it was pretty windy out. I'm really really pleased. I think the Solo Performance Panels were a great investment, and they look good too.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 AM
dale3guy
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

My magnetic numbers were far too heavy to use hairspray on.

So, I used the numbers pictured above this weekend, and LOVED them. They are thick enough that they didn't crumble into a ball and stick to themselves when I peeled them off the backing, and went on the car with ease. They stuck to the car at speed and then at the end of the day they came off the car without wrinklinging up and went right back on the backing sheet. the backing sheet is much larger than the decals so that I had no problems putting the decals back on, even though it was pretty windy out. I'm really really pleased. I think the Solo Performance Panels were a great investment, and they look good too.

Those look great. Can I ask what they charged you for the custom panel?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Sure you can, it's right on the website. it was $41.90 plus shipping, which was $4.95, for a total of $46.85.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:57 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Sure you can, it's right on the website. it was $41.90 plus shipping, which was $4.95, for a total of $46.85.
Both sides? One side?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Oh, sorry. That's both sides of the car. It's tough to tell but the picture of them on my desk has two decals

Quick Reply: Reusable non permanent numbers?