Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM Ultimate Street Car Association attending?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:51 AM
klodkrawler05
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default NCM Ultimate Street Car Association attending?

As of now it looks like over 1/3 of all cars signed up for this event are Corvettes! are any of the 16 vettes currently signed up members on here? I always enjoy putting usernames to faces in real life.

Look for my car if you'd like to say Hi!

Old 05-14-2015, 02:14 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want to go but it looks like I'm not going to make it until next year at this point. The only way I could run would be if I lied about my experience and entered as a novice so I didn't need the fire suit, harnesses, etc. That stuff just isn't in the budget yet sadly.

If you haven't been on the NCM track yet you're in for a treat, it is awesome. I might come down anyway and spectate.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:25 PM
klodkrawler05
Racer

Originally Posted by troyguitar
I really want to go but it looks like I'm not going to make it until next year at this point. The only way I could run would be if I lied about my experience and entered as a novice so I didn't need the fire suit, harnesses, etc. That stuff just isn't in the budget yet sadly.

If you haven't been on the NCM track yet you're in for a treat, it is awesome. I might come down anyway and spectate.
If you do certainly stop by and say hi

Based on my experience no need to lie! they knew full well heading into my first event last year that I had a fair amount of experience. but no fire suit etc. And hence had to sign up in Novice. You aren't allowed to pass which is certainly a bit of a bummer but they start you each heat by fastest car in front slowest in back just like the typical Time Attack.

I managed to take 2nd in class at MIS and 1st in class (earning an invite to the big show) at Pittsburgh all while running in Novice.

That said after Pittsburgh where even being at the front of the pack I only got 2-3 laps before catching up to traffic I bought a fire suit to use for this year.

But it can be done and its a blast! either way hope to see you there!
Old 05-14-2015, 03:42 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately the Ridetech C5Z and I won't make it due to Goodguys Indy autocross. I really wish I could though, I love that track! Keep an eye out for the Ridetech 48 Hour Corvette though, and a few others from the Ridetech clan.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:08 PM
klodkrawler05
Racer

Originally Posted by amanda@ridetech
Unfortunately the Ridetech C5Z and I won't make it due to Goodguys Indy autocross. I really wish I could though, I love that track! Keep an eye out for the Ridetech 48 Hour Corvette though, and a few others from the Ridetech clan.
Hopefully its dry out! I've been dying to test my new ridetech suspension on the track but it keeps raining every event I go to!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:45 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klodkrawler05
Hopefully its dry out! I've been dying to test my new ridetech suspension on the track but it keeps raining every event I go to!
FWIW I've had the chance to test my car in 1 dry autox and 1/3 of a dry track day so far. It's setup similar to your car at this point except I'm on old RE-11's and have no hood vents. I have been very happy with the ridetech shocks, the car was within striking distance of being the fastest street-tired car at both the autox and the track day.

At Waterford Hills the other day it was 1-2 seconds off the pace of Jeff Nowicki in his (very cool) C7 - on a relatively bumpy track so the shocks were really being tested. I ran 1:19 and would have been in the 1:18's with another dry session. The car is really easy to drive fast with the setup mostly dialed in. I've ended up with the shocks at about 16 clicks front and 8 clicks rear starting with full soft as "0" if you're looking for a baseline.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:20 AM
klodkrawler05
Racer

Originally Posted by troyguitar
FWIW I've had the chance to test my car in 1 dry autox and 1/3 of a dry track day so far. It's setup similar to your car at this point except I'm on old RE-11's and have no hood vents. I have been very happy with the ridetech shocks, the car was within striking distance of being the fastest street-tired car at both the autox and the track day.

At Waterford Hills the other day it was 1-2 seconds off the pace of Jeff Nowicki in his (very cool) C7 - on a relatively bumpy track so the shocks were really being tested. I ran 1:19 and would have been in the 1:18's with another dry session. The car is really easy to drive fast with the setup mostly dialed in. I've ended up with the shocks at about 16 clicks front and 8 clicks rear starting with full soft as "0" if you're looking for a baseline.
Thats helpful! sounds like we're close then, per Sams recommendation I started at 18 front clicks and 7 rear, I've moved the rears back to 5 in an effort to get traction in the rain. I will likely move the rears back up a bit once I get a dry day and I suspect the fronts as well.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:50 PM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like the Optima events, the racers, and the staff. I hope to attend some later this year. I've got to build another shortblock though before then.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2015, 12:48 PM
klodkrawler05
Racer

Less than a week away! hopefully I'll see some of you there!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:53 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by klodkrawler05
Less than a week away! hopefully I'll see some of you there!
Be sure to keep an eye out for Bret in the 69 Mustang and Jim McKamey in the Silver Ridetech C5. They will both be happy to answer any questions that you may have!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:59 PM
klodkrawler05
Racer

Originally Posted by amanda@ridetech
Be sure to keep an eye out for Bret in the 69 Mustang and Jim McKamey in the Silver Ridetech C5. They will both be happy to answer any questions that you may have!!!
Definitely! I'm starting to get the shocks pretty well dialed in for my car but it'll be nice to have another ridetech equipped c5 to compare too!

Get notified of new replies

To NCM Ultimate Street Car Association attending?

Quick Reply: NCM Ultimate Street Car Association attending?