Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau FX1 (not Pro) C5/C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:16 PM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Corbeau FX1 (not Pro) C5/C5Z

I've tried searching but all that comes up are FX1 Pro posts. I'm looking for anyone who has the FX1s installed in a C5Z. What worked and what didn't with the install. What mounts did you use? Etc...

Trying to decide between the FX1 and the Sparco Evo II US.

Thanks for any help.

Sarge
Old 05-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SargeZ06
I've tried searching but all that comes up are FX1 Pro posts. I'm looking for anyone who has the FX1s installed in a C5Z. What worked and what didn't with the install. What mounts did you use? Etc...

Trying to decide between the FX1 and the Sparco Evo II US.

Thanks for any help.

Sarge
I run FX1 Pros. I don't believe that the FX1's will fit in a C5. (too wide).
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

The FX1 will fit in the C5, but you end up with an extremely tight fit between the tunnel and outboard seatbelt shroud. My seat is on Corbeau sliders. I have the FX1 Pro on the drivers side. I removed the FX1 from the drivers side because it was too big. Make sure you really need the FX1.

Hey Bluefire, you've ridden in my car, didn't you notice how big that seat was? ;-)

Last edited by Last C5; 05-27-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 PM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

Can you take the cover off and shave the foam on the side next to the tunnel like you have to on the Sparcos, and make it fit better?
Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Can you take the cover off and shave the foam on the side next to the tunnel like you have to on the Sparcos, and make it fit better?
There isn't any foam on the outside of the Corbeau. Where the cover rolls over the upper edge of the bolster it's single layer of thin fabric, nothing to be gained there either. The tightness of the FX1 makes adjusting the seat belts a real chore. I'm 5' 11" and 192 lbs and the FX1 pro fits me perfectly. My buddy's Recaro Profi seat fits me even better, but I'm sure he'd figure out where it went.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Last C5
The FX1 will fit in the C5, but you end up with an extremely tight fit between the tunnel and outboard seatbelt shroud. My seat is on Corbeau sliders. I have the FX1 Pro on the drivers side. I removed the FX1 from the drivers side because it was too big. Make sure you really need the FX1.

Hey Bluefire, you've ridden in my car, didn't you notice how big that seat was? ;-)
I have not yet had the opportunity to ride in your fine car.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bluefire
I have not yet had the opportunity to ride in your fine car.
Well, the motor is back out of it again, but I should be back on the track by July with a little luck.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Well, the motor is back out of it again, but I should be back on the track by July with a little luck.
Ouch! Why? How did it run at Thunderhill?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:35 PM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

There isn't any foam on the outside of the Corbeau. Where the cover rolls over the upper edge of the bolster it's single layer of thin fabric, nothing to be gained there either. The tightness of the FX1 makes adjusting the seat belts a real chore. I'm 5' 11" and 192 lbs and the FX1 pro fits me perfectly. My buddy's Recaro Profi seat fits me even better, but I'm sure he'd figure out where it went.
I'll prolly pull the seat belt out any way. Do you have the part number for the sliders you used? The Corbeau sliders for the C5?
Old 05-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

I'll prolly pull the seat belt out any way. Do you have the part number for the sliders you used? The Corbeau sliders for the C5?
Sorry, I don't have those numbers anymore. I ordered the original two FX1s and sliders off the net so all I had to do was check the appropriate item.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:54 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bluefire
Ouch! Why? How did it run at Thunderhill?
At T Hill it developed that ABS problem that you and Tom fixed. Took it to the Ridge and all went well. Started it the next day at home and it had a knock. Oil report came back fine, but I cut open the filter and it was full of bearing material. Tom and I are going to pull the engine tomorrow and send it over to Brian at Bearing Services for an autopsy and hopefully rebuild.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau FX1 (not Pro) C5/C5Z

Quick Reply: Corbeau FX1 (not Pro) C5/C5Z